DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a member over at rumblebee.org and a fellow posted the following.... I decided to post it over here since there alot more people over here, and thought that this might be a cheap and easy way for us to get an extra quart or so of oil in for better cooling...what do you think?

"Hey you guys, while doing a bunch of cross-referencing to find a filter that would fit my SRT8 Hemi in the 'Cuda, I found a real "big mutha" that will fit our trucks. It's a WIX #51773. It's about 50% bigger than a stock filter. Holds a full quart.

It's a fairly tight fit when installing or removing but goes on easy enough. I like the size of it. I'm weird that way. If I can get extra filtering, I HAVE TO have it...
O.J."

i reposted this

"cool what would be the K&N similar to that size? will it really fit no problem? never heard of this.... might have to try it out. i take it, its just as big width size but just longer down?

Thanks"

heres the link to the WIX website of the part http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/ResultsPart.asp?PartNo=51773

It looks like it might just be longer, if so how could i find out the K&n equivalent to this filter so i can start changing my oil out with this filter stead of the k&n hp-2004

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I use a Fram HP-1 Racing filter in my truck, and it also holds about a full quart of oil...I am very happy with it so far!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.