DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just lifted my 2005 2500 cummins 4.5 inches and put on 35-12.5-17 swampers the local dealer tells me my warranty is void is this true i had a lifted ford and waranty was fine :VHOT: the dealer said complete warranty tranny t case every thing

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
depends on what you want warrantied

motor/tranny should be ok, bumper to bumper should be ok, just not suspension components

and possibly they'll blame a drivetrain or axle failure on the stress from larger tires/new pinion angles, and it's up to you to prove them wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some dealerships will throw that at you but like Chauncy said most of the warranty is still in effect. I switched to a dealer that sells new lifted trucks so they stand behind the factory warranty. As an example I bought my 05 with the 35's already on it, so they are on the hook to honor the full warranty. Yes it is in writing. I have run into this problem with thirdparty extended warranties. On my 03 Chevy lifting it would have voided the entire extended warranty, that little tidbit was well hidden in the fine print. If your dealer gives you any more grief I would find a different one.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
yea, find another dealership...

Hell, yesterday I stopped by my local dealer and they had a truck on the lot, they "dealer lifted" the bitch - 4" superlift with 35 bfg muds and 17" mickey thompson simulated beadlocks
-All dealer add ons!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've seen more than 1 Dodge dealer sell brand new Rams with lifts as dealer installed options. Find a new dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.