DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want anyones opinion on what my plans are for upgrades to 02 5.9V8 truck when it stays warm out. if you live in IL then you know its hot one day then the next day it is a blizzard. but anyway the plans:

1. Accel dist. cap and rotor
2. MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Set and NGK plugs
3. Fastman throttle body
4. Hughes Plenum kit ( dont know if i have a leak or not, still figuring it out, any hepl with this would be awsome)
5. headers not sure what kind or if its even worth the money?
6. Airram powerwire and scoop.
7. fix my very small leak where the trans meets the motor i think?
8. fix rearend its making a very high whine noise under WOT pretty sure its the pinion gear bearings?
9.maybe if i have some spare cash after this i will do a cam? i have no idea what my engine needs so.

well srry for the long list...i would like to try and do most of this myself..i am pretty mechanically inclined and i have the trusty chilton book. but i know a motorhead that i can pay to do this and he will let me watch and stuff so i learn how all this works

any input or other suggestions about these upgrades or something else i should?

thanks guys!

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
I would skip the fastman and save your money and go for a cam. Especially since you are going to change the intake gasket do the cam change at the same time.

Headers for sure but only after the rest of your exhaust system has been upgraded.

Keep us posted to your progress ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i already have a cat back system. now what kind of cam should i be looking at?

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with the truck ?

Performance or Towing

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
A good base for you would be KRC 210. Any cam with those approximate numbers would be great. If you go any higher you will need upgrades to help your engine breath right.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Item, No.7 that is most likely the rear crank seal. Common problem. Unless it gets a lot worse more effort than it is worth fixing it unless you are planning to a total rebuild.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speaking of breathing right....im looking at the ATI procharger!!!! if i had 5g's i would get it in a heatbeat

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
the only other things i may do to my truck is get some better seat covers, steering wheel cover & floor mats to clean up the interior. Maybe some bigger tires like 34s sometime this yr.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ya another thing. when i add all this stuff on top of my tune and intake how should my trans hold up? what if i did 1.7 rockers? i hear they add about 20+hp i want to make this truck a faster* street truck with monthly trips to the track....so keep your suggestions coming.

i have 100000 miles on it..but i take care of it and it looks like new inside and out.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thats an excellant price for the P-1SC
Paid $5250 for my D-1SC (polished w/3core)

Talking with ATI they told me for $1200 they would convert my PSC-1 to a D. I may take them up on that next year. By the way did you read that last e-mail I sent you about the mounting brackets for the fuel rails? Were you able to open the pdf file?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i was looking at 1.7 rockers? lol the list just gets longer....also for that small leak i have i think i might just try JB weld on it...you guys think i should give it shot?

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
You can try but it will only be temp solution if you can get it clean enough to have it stick.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya so how much labor is involved in fixing a leak like that. i assume the trans comes out and stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.