DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 1 month ago I cranked my torsions and had my alignment checked at Big O. They had it in the shop for 30 minutes, and they charged me $69.95. I have been driving it for the last 3 weeks and it just hasn't felt right. It pulled a little bit to the right. So I went to another shop and had them check it out. BIG 0 DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! This new shop had to use a torch to heat up the tie rod end to break it loose to align it right. And the new shop that did it right only charged me $55.00. I called Big 0 and gave them heat. The manager says he is going to talk with the employee and call me back, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey, I have a problem with my truck pulling to the right. I took it to a shop and they actually said that they replaced my tie rod ends (under warranty) and I don't think that I noticed any difference afterwards. Maybe I should take it somewhere else and see what they think. Hey slammed1, are you going to be at the DFW meet? and if you are do you think you can look at my susp. You asked me to get my alignment readings but the shop I had the work done at said they can't print it out.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Can you say " :hijacked: ". :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Way back when I put Big O tires on my Toyota 4x4. I knew nothing about tires and my roomate at the time told me they were good ... they were also fairly expensive. Anyway, shortly thereafter I traded in the truck to a dealer. As I was leaving with my new ride, I saw the write-up the dealer-appraiser did on my Toyota ... in big letters it said, "CHEAP TIRES!!!"

·
Tape On
829 Posts
I've used Big-O Tires a couple of times, never bought their tires though. I too cranked my torsion bars up and had Big-O do the alignment. They did a good job. Gave me a computer printout of before and after. Just depends on who's running the place.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
let a real mechanic align your pickup. kind of like grease monkey, they only know how to do a few things, but have no real knowledge of the entire product themselves.

mike

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
MSCH2112 said:
...let a real mechanic align your pickup. kind of like grease monkey, they only know how to do a few things, but have no real knowledge of the entire product themselves.

mike...
Tell them like it is! There are many who can do a lot of hands-on work, but it takes training to operate an alignment machine and properly align a vehicle.

In my program where I am learning to become a service technician...and every teacher there is required to be alignment certified.

I'd make sure the person working on your vehicle knows what he is doing. :gr_patrio

·
AJ Gtz
302 Posts
oobray said:
Hey, I have a problem with my truck pulling to the right. I took it to a shop and they actually said that they replaced my tie rod ends (under warranty) and I don't think that I noticed any difference afterwards. Maybe I should take it somewhere else and see what they think. Hey slammed1, are you going to be at the DFW meet? and if you are do you think you can look at my susp. You asked me to get my alignment readings but the shop I had the work done at said they can't print it out.
Hey oobray...where are you from?...are u going to the DFW Meet this Saturday?...Slammed1 will be there and a bunch more...if ur located in the area u should come as well...post up man...

by far these are all the people going:

1. Beandip77
2. Keven
3. Ram 2406
4. JoeHemi57
5. Chauncy
6. Dannyangulo
7. TTRedRaider09
8. Gouge 93
9. kruzer79
10. Mad Titan
11. 03ramsport