DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my BHAF with the prefilter. How often do you guys change or clean them out?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've had mine on for about 4 years....think it may be getting time for a change?

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
While your there take that silencor <<<mis spelt.... ring out of the turbo. It does nothing for performance wise but it sounds cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already done. I got 4" straight pipe exhaust, waiting on the BHAF w/ prefiletr and got the silencer out. I just need to know how often to change the BHAF out. Is it like a stock filter, every 6K miles, or can I go longer due to the larger filter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW----How I put my truck info at the bottom of my post??

·
Registered
740 Posts
I rinse off my prefilter every oil change. The filter doesn't seem to get very dirty. I also installed my vacuum gauge from the factory airbox in the end of my BHAF. It has never come off 100%. These things really let the air in. I also blow my bhaf out with compressed air. Be sure to put some padding on your A/C lines under your bhaf so it doesn't wear into them from vibration.

Go to control panel and edit signature.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've seen pics of BHAF's with a hole the guys drilled into the neck to install the stock Filter Minder device, factory installed on the stock airbox to let you know when the filer needs cleaning/replacing.
The BHAF is a severe duty type, high capacity air filter for very dirty conditions like tractors & earthmoving equipment...should last many years on our Dodges with something like the machine washable Outerwares.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. Do I need to put the stock Filter Minder device on my BHAF? If so where is the best place for it?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I did just for the heck of it but I don't think it is that important. These things flow so much air they would have to be covered with grease to register a restriction on the gauge. Put it in the center of the opposite end the tube goes on. I have pics of mine in my gallery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my BHAF and prefilter in today and I just put them on. WOW, it brings the turbo to life. I am going to fab up a heat shield and put it on when I get time. If you are looking to improve sound, hp, fuel milage etc.... get a BHAF and exhaust (remove the turbo silencer for the sound), after this you can put other mods on. Thanks for the help guys. How do you add your truck info and mods at the end of your replys? I need to do this.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Welcome to DT!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
At the top of the page, click on Control Panel,
when it opens up, scroll down and click Edit Signature,
Follow instructions on the Edit Signature page...type yer stuff in the box.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Here is my setup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Nice, clean setup

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok im gonna sound stupid but what does BHAF stand for, how much does it cost, and where can i get one?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Big Honkin' Air Filter...I got mine from NAPA...#2790, around $50

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the silencer is on the front of the turbo, behind the intake tube. Take off the intake tube and the turbo silencer is inside the turbo held in by a retention spring (looks like a piston ring). Pry that and the silencer came right out. I did not notice a difference untill I put on my BHAF. I'll try to find some pics and put them up later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HOOKNIT-- did you find the silencer??? If not let me know and I'll get you some pics. I had to use a small flat head and work my way around the retention spring. It was kind of hard to start out, but its easy once you get going. Once I was sure I was at the correct place and removing the correct part it took all of 5 min total.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.