DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought all the parts needed to make my own BHAF. Then after getting it installed, I noticed that it is kind of hard to get it to fit in my engine compartment. When I adjust the tubing so that the filter will sit low enough to not hit the hood, then it gets really close to the alternator, and also rubs the A/C pipe going to the condensor. Did you other BHAF owners do anything special? Do you have some type of a mounting bracket or is your filter ust laying in place?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I initially just removed the airbox and let it hang there. It kind of rests on the wire loom on top of the alternator and also against the A/C line. I don't think resting on the alternator is a problem but I took some heater hose and sliced it so I could put it on the A/C line where the filter rubs. It worked just fine that way. Recently though I took my airbox and cut all the walls off and put it back in to keep roadspray off the BHAF. Now my filter sits on top of that and I have a little better piece of mind when it's raining really hard. My filter hits the hood now but just barely.....

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, do the outerwears covers really keep the water out? I ordered mine but forgot to specify color, oh well they are all decent colors. They said it will be here by the 15th of june.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I havent cut the walls off of my stock airbox yet and mine just lays in there. Im still using the stock accordian tubing, so it curves over the wall of the airbox. It is very close to the hood though. As far as the Outerwares goes, I dont know if it keeps water out, but it sure does keep dust out. I was under the hood the other day, and my black outerwares was orange.....had a fine dust all over it. So, I guess its doing what its supposed to do.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
It works but my filter still gets dirty. I've had to blow it off with compressed air a couple of times in the last year. The Outerwears cover tears pretty easily too. I've had to put duct tape on a couple of spots on mine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.