DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January 2016, I bought four BFG A/T KO2 305/55/r20 tires from Walmart. Big mistake. Walmart couldn't get them balanced. I went to Tire Discounters to get them balanced. They couldn't get them balanced, so they did a road force balance. It helped some, but didn't resolve the issue.

Long story short, I got Walmart to take the BFGs back and got a new set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2s from Tire Discounters.

Now my truck is as smooth as can be at highway speeds with the Nittos.

I've read that Walmart makes BFG and other tire manufacturers make tires cheaper for Walmart so they can sell them cheaper. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's possible.

All I know is that this was my first and last experience with BFG.

This is my third set of Nitto Terra Grapplers on my truck. However this is the first set of G2s.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nittos for the win. That is the next set I am going to get. I got a pair of Mastercraft for free so I was not going to complain. smooth ride and some road noise. but it does not bother me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice choice. Keep us posted regarding the road performance of G2's. Had the original terra grapplers and had no complaints.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've read that Walmart makes BFG and other tire manufacturers make tires cheaper for Walmart so they can sell them cheaper. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's possible.
True.

UNFORTUNATELY, you're now stuck with a set of Shi... I mean, "Nittos," and you'll soon wish you HAD out-of-round BFG's, which will still last longer than Shi... I mean, "Nittos." :eek:

If there's a poster child for sucky factory tires, it would HAFTA be Shi... I mean, "Nitto." :rolleyes:

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True.

UNFORTUNATELY, you're now stuck with a set of Shi... I mean, "Nittos," and you'll soon wish you HAD out-of-round BFG's, which will still last longer than Shi... I mean, "Nittos." :eek:

If there's a poster child for sucky factory tires, it would HAFTA be Shi... I mean, "Nitto." :rolleyes:
This will be my third set of Nitto Terra Grapplers, however my first set of the G2s. The first two sets were the original Terra Grapplers.

On the first two sets I got approximately 65,000 miles out of each set. I have no complaints what so ever about the Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are smooth as can be going down the interstate.

:gr_patrio

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Yeah, I was going to copy that part of your 1st post where you said you had NItto tires twice before. Clearly you've had positive experiences with them before, and I doubt you regret them this time around if you've liked them in the past. I wonder if the opinion of them being junk is due to a bad experience like you had with BFG. I've had BFG before, and they were nice tires. I wonder if there is something to that Walmart theory. :dunno:

·
Registered
777 Posts
I bought a new set of Shi... I mean, "Nittos..." ONCE. From NTB. BARELY got 20k miles out of them, and they were down to 3/32nds. Uneven wear - cords showing in a spot on one of them. And the front end aligned the whole time. :surprise

I went Cooper ATP's this time around.

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I was going to copy that part of your 1st post where you said you had NItto tires twice before. Clearly you've had positive experiences with them before, and I doubt you regret them this time around if you've liked them in the past. I wonder if the opinion of them being junk is due to a bad experience like you had with BFG. I've had BFG before, and they were nice tires. I wonder if there is something to that Walmart theory. :dunno:
I've had a great experience with Nitto Terra Grapplers on my truck. I just wanted to try something different and I really liked the looks of the BFG A/T KO2 tires. I was going to try them again but get them from an actual tire store, but decided to just go back to Nittos. I'll try again one day maybe.

I'm not sure if there's anything to the Walmart theory, but I know I'll never buy tires from there again. :nono

:gr_patrio

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had the original Terra Grapplers on my truck before these ones I now have and I really liked them. I would have gone with the G2s but I just didnt have the money at the time, and needed the tires or I wouldnt have passed inspection.
Theres a lot of things I am leary of buying at Walmart...tires would be one of them for sure, even before your posting I dont think I would buy them fro Walmart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts