Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Can anyone in the U.S. give me some info on weather or not BFG make the all terrain tyre in the standard 275x60/20 sizes?

What's the next comparable tyre, performance wise for my 20 inch standard chrome clad rims?

I mostly run on the highway with occasional offroad use, but the weathers turning here in the UK and I think the winter will be a bad one this year.

Cheers,
Al.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
BFG does make the AT in 285/55/20 and 285/65/20.

MikeyB

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers MikeyB...............will both those sizes fit a standard 1500 with a front trosion bar leveling tweak?
Al.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
A 285/65-20 is about 34 1/2"s tall or 878 mm , so with the front leveled it should fit fine. I think they are a great looking tire and I say go for it! :rck: Besides the 285/55-20 is actually almost a 1/2 inch shorter (16 mm ) than your stock tires. :tdwn:

KB

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Kenny.
I'll try around some of the tyre shops here in the UK, to see if anyone stocks them at a half decent price.
Al.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 285/65/20 BFG's are an E rated tire, I am very interested in these
but I am worried about them riding rough. What do you think?

·
Registered
183 Posts
They're an a/t tire, the sidewall will be stiffer then a street tire. It all depends on what you define as rough. I have not had a vehicle ride rough due simply to properly inflated tires. But then I come from a lifted jeep with a short arm suspension that had a ride quality my friend's described as being hit in the kidneys. Your butt may be more sensitive then mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had several pairs of BFG a/t's and have liked all of them real well. I
have a set on a Suburban that I have now. All of them have been D rated
though, not E. D rated are rated for 65 psi and I have ran them at 40 psi
with no problems and good ride quality. E rated are rated for 80 psi and I am
not sure what psi I can run them at for good ride quality but not wear them
prematurely do to underinflation.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The pressure you should run is determined by tire size and load. Consult the BFG load and inflation table to determine the correct tire pressure for your application. It's not 80 psi, and I would bet it's also not 40 psi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.