61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
mopar fan said:
Will that hold up over time, being that those pieces are plastic?:dunno:
I'm about to find out...haha

I dont see why it wouldnt hold up though because none of the pieces I painted will get too hot except maybe the coolant tank. I will let you guys know if it starts to chip and fade.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well I cleaned my engine bay today and got some better pics for you guys. I could have probably spent some more time to get into those hard to reach areas, but this is what my engine bay looks like for the most part..It has been dirty for a month or so now though because I have been into the motor 3 times and had the coolant drained and fan shroud removed about 6 times in the last month...I am now done with all repairs, truck is running great, and the engine bay finally got a bath...What do you guys think??

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
That looks really good Matt. I need to add some red in my engine bay, in a major way.

KB

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Thanks!! Have you seen EZ4U2CHER's(sp?) gallery?? He has added alot of red to his engine bay and it looks great!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, his looks great. He's the one that told me about the wire loom to buy. His looks great, I'm gonna have to copy some of his and yours tips soon. I already bought some streetglow fogs to try out. Gonna install em today, since one of my silverstars burned out the other day.

KB

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Matt, let me know when you are coming over to clean my truck....its pretty dirty!

·
Registered
920 Posts
nice and clean, i need to do that, maybe once it stops snowing, i was about to ask what you guys used to clean you engines, but i see you use simple green, i myself am a fan of spray nine, but anyways has anyone ever had theirs steam cleaned?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
bill9009 said:
nice and clean, i need to do that, maybe once it stops snowing, i was about to ask what you guys used to clean you engines, but i see you use simple green, i myself am a fan of spray nine, but anyways has anyone ever had theirs steam cleaned?
I really want to try steam cleaning my engine...There is still dirt on top of the frame rails becayuse it is hard to reach that stuff...I wonder if a nice steam clean would get rid of that??

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I really want to try steam cleaning my engine...There is still dirt on top of the frame rails becayuse it is hard to reach that stuff...I wonder if a nice steam clean would get rid of that??
i steam cleaned my Cougars engine awhile back before i did all my engine work and honestly...there is still nothing like actually getting in there and rubbing that crap off.

Engine bay looks good...werent you getting Blue loom soon?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
SamCarroll said:
i steam cleaned my Cougars engine awhile back before i did all my engine work and honestly...there is still nothing like actually getting in there and rubbing that crap off.

Engine bay looks good...werent you getting Blue loom soon?
Yeah...I bought some, but it didnt even come close to matching any of the blue under the hood, so I figured I would stick with the paint for now...until I can find some nice loom or som blue hoses.

·
Registered
920 Posts
yeah i think the steam cleanig is the best idea at least for me, i think it would take me a month to clean my engine, between the snow, road salt and mud, you guys down in TX are lucky

Attachments

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Yeah...I bought some, but it didnt even come close to matching any of the blue under the hood, so I figured I would stick with the paint for now...until I can find some nice loom or som blue hoses.
you could always go with a two tone color theme.....

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
bill9009 said:
yeah i think the steam cleanig is the best idea at least for me, i think it would take me a month to clean my engine, between the snow, road salt and mud, you guys down in TX are lucky
You should seriously give the simple green a chance...All you do is spray it on and rinse it off...I wipe everything down afterwards, but it is not necessary...I think you will be suprised with the results.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
What other color do you think?? Red??
well you do have a red top battery and red brakes...might add some more more touches of red in there so the battery doesnt stick out as much...know what i mean?

·
Registered
336 Posts
bill9009 said:
that sucks here's mine and i've never cleaned it at all:

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
SamCarroll said:
well you do have a red top battery and red brakes...might add some more more touches of red in there so the battery doesnt stick out as much...know what i mean?
I tell you what...I'll go buy some red loom and see what it looks like...if it looks OK, then I will stick with it, if not, I will return it...Pep Boys will take anything back...haha

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.