DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i just got back from a body shop in my town and got an estimate for paint/installation. So, what I was wondering was where was the best place to buy the hood? I was thinking Ebay, but shipping a hood kinda worries me, should I not be? Or should I just go to the dealership and get them to order me one and get it to the body shop and then if anything is wrong, they would get it taken care of, free of charge (other then paying for the hood) I dunno what I should do. Any advice on a good place to get one? That and dropping my baby are my last exterior mods to do to her, and hopefully will be getting a Slammed1 drop in early August.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Sweet bro!!!

I am going with the dealer only because after I factor in Shipping cost, its gonna actually be cheaper doing it through the dealer than the place the guys here recommend..

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
go to your dealer and see if they will give you a deal on one , that way you dont have to pay shipping and if it comes in damaged there responsable and you dont have to be bothered with it . there packaged pretty good .

·
Smoke this Ford!
49 Posts
when it comes from the delaer is it painted?

·
Smoke this Ford!
49 Posts
what are some quotes or prices you guys got for painting the hood? so far its $600-650 for the hood from teh dealer and ??? to paint it. Dang this thing is expensive.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I got a price of like $250 to have it painted, the paint faded into the fenders, and install. Guess I'm looking right around $800 for everything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got one from Moore's performance for $595. Plus $75 for the heat extraction which I recommend. //http://www.fiberglass-hoods.com// Don't know if they make for your truck tho.

·
Smoke this Ford!
49 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's actually $945 for the painted one.

·
Banned
153 Posts
I've seen alot of online dodge parts places that sell it for around $472here

I would imagine shipping is around $100

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am also looking at a new hood. I found one in fiberglass instead of sheet metal, does anyone have an opinion on which is better? I tend to think it would be a bit lighter but I dont know about longevity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.