DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked with my local dealer and they said 4 days and $260.00:crazy: I know someone knows where we can get one at a lot better price:rck: Any info would be great, Thanks:gr_patrio:worthy:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hawk unless you just want new,a pm to PCP and some paint you probably could'nt tell the differance.Except in the money you save.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it he has some used ones for sale lying around. LOL I'll try to get in touch with him, thanks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ive been waiting to see if my 2500 came with a 1 ton tranny cooler, but no body seems to be able to give me dimensions are a pic. I have the 2500HD and am going to be pulling a camper soon. Anyone have any info or size? I have a cooler, just don't know which one and how to find out.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1 ton covers the whole front of the radiator, 24-26 rows I believe, then there is a 3/4 and 1/2 ton. the 1/2 ton is not much larger than the power steering cooler, and the 3/4 ton is about twice as large as the 1/2 ton. I have the 3/4 ton one now just looking to upgrade. If you post a pic we can tell you.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
IIRC, Stock is 10 row, HD 15 row, 1 Ton 24/26 row.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'll take a count, and get a pic. Is a 1ton hard to install?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Very easy install. Couple line's, 1/2 bolt's, readjust tranny fluid level.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
with the tow option or 1 ton cooler...it uses the same exact brackets so no need to make any modifications when upgrading..

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Well I have a 16 row, so it's the HD cooler. With 4.56 gears, will that be sufficient for towing a camper? Its a 23ft Rockwood with an ATV deck on the front, so I'll have the 800lb ATV, and like a 4500 lb camper.

After just typing that I feel foolish, I could probably put that weight in the back of my bed:crazy: (not lterally, but 5300 lbs shouldn't be even an issue with the 3.73s I had.)

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
that's what I paid a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The 1 ton unit from Dodge is plug and play very straight forward easy swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.