DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im the proud owner of a 2006 D with the 4.7 engine,this is also my first post :cool: ,and would like to find out from people here what oil grade and filter they use in this engine or do i just stay with what the book say?tks GREAT SITE!!! :rck:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like to use a synthetic, like Mobile One (5W20 or 10W30) with an oversized Mobile One filter (M1-301) for extended intervals between oil changes (about 10,000 miles). I've ran this setup on my 4.7 Dakota and my previous 4.7 Durango.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use Motorcraft FL-300 and Castrol 5W-30. I have used Motorcraft filters and Castrol oil for 20 years and never had a problem related to them...I try and change my oil every 3000 miles, air filter 6000 miles. I rotate my tires every 6000 miles as well...gives me a chance to wash off the break dust as well. I also have the REC radio and it has a great vehicle maintenance application that tracks your mileage and a message pops up when service is due...

·
Andy
323 Posts
i just changed mine with valvoline 5w30 and valvoline oil filter vo-45 because i get em done for free:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I always use Mobil 1 5W30 along with the large filter (not the standard "shorty" filter, but the large filter we used to use on bigger V8's like 440's). The larger filter has less restriction for more flow and pressure to the bearings.

But I also go with extended oil change intervals (6000-plus miles)....

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the UOA's I have seen, the Dodge 4.7L shows the lowest wear metals with a thicker 30 weight oil. So the current SM Mobil 1 5W-30 and made in Germany Castrol Syntec 0W-30 would be my widely available picks. If you're not opposed to mail order, Redline and Amsoil make great products. For filters, I think the finest widely available pick is the Purolator Pure-One, however via mail order (or local diesel stop) the Baldwin and Donaldson synthetic media filters are superior in extended drain intervals.

In my 4.7L, I run a Baldwin B2 and SM Mobil 1 5W-30 for 7500 miles between changes.

YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.