DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first dodge truck. traded in the wifes durango and got a 08 2500 mega cab CTD. I'm looking into a good leveling kit and wondering what the best one is and if you need new shocks when putting it on. I know two other guys running the revtek kit and didn't change the shocks. The bought the truck with the kit on so they can't tell me whether the leveling kit changed the ride. So let's hear it what is a good kit and do i need to change shocks. thanks:rck:

·
mega pig baby
312 Posts
i have a topgun customs leveling kit 2 inch and i clear my 35s no problem hope this helps heres a pic also my wheels and tires are up for sale leveling lit also

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
ya your suspension is the same as a 2500

·
mega pig baby
312 Posts
some more ................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input mega cab 1011. the truck looks good. i'll check out topgun. did you change shocks??? did the ride change at all???

·
mega pig baby
312 Posts
i didnt change my shocks, but i would if i hade to do it again it just makes sence to change them when u have everything out in the first place. the other thing to think about also is there are a lot of companys out there that offer a leveling kit with springs instead of a spacer. as for ride i dont think that it changed that much if i did the shocks it would be better for me because my shocks are toped out. kore is very good from what i have read on here. good luck and make sure u post pics

gary

·
Registered
964 Posts
Since our kit retains the stock springs it will keep your factory ride. When you get into new springs you might be sacraficing your ride due to different spring rates with different companies. We don't recomend that you change your shocks with the leveling kit but you sure can if your looking to upgrade them. We carry a full line of bilstein shocks if you are interested in something like that.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
OK, it's apparent that he has a 2500, but is it a 4wd or 2wd?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since our kit retains the stock springs it will keep your factory ride. When you get into new springs you might be sacraficing your ride due to different spring rates with different companies. We don't recomend that you change your shocks with the leveling kit but you sure can if your looking to upgrade them. We carry a full line of bilstein shocks if you are interested in something like that.
thanks for the reply. i'm thinking of going with just the spacer or new springs and shocks all the way around. it's still up in the air.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
you could do a full spring and shock level kit from carli or kore. i thnk kore has a cheap deal on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you could do a full spring and shock level kit from carli or kore. i thnk kore has a cheap deal on them.
yeah kore has a pretty good deal on them. i was thinking that would be the way to go. new springs up frt and rear. price wouldn't be bad but i guess i'll have to wait and see how taxes go. money drives everything:teacher:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.