DodgeTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
Want to fit 38" tires on it that way 37" tires won't rub. Poison Spyder 17x9 beadlocks. At least 4" over stock to clear the bigger tires but mainly a lift that flexes extremely well. Looking at trying to keep it around $2500 but can be flexible with the right set up.
I believe that the Spyderlocks are aonly available in 3.5" backspace which would be ridiculous for these trucks. You will want to stay around 4.5-5" of backspace on a 9" wide wheel for a long arm kit on these trucks.

Unfortunately there isn't alot available in that price range that won't have you upgrading and replacing parts down the road. If you want to do it once and do it right I would suggest the following setup:

Pure Performance PW 4" X-factor system minus the rear lift components
Pure Performance forged drop pitman arm
Carli 4" rear full leafs made by Deaver
Bilstein 5100's or something custom from Carli like the Performance 2.0's valved for a Hemi truck.

Depending on shock options something like that would end up just under $4k.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you purchase BDS for the front. Please ask if they are having issues with their polyurethane bushings. I may be an isolated problem because I have BDS's original lift for the power wagon which has smaller bushings than the current set up. I previously was doing one year cycles for changing out bushings. Last summer while chasing down vibrations I changed all control arm bushings (about june), then changed in November, called BDS in Feb and sent videos of how bushings where doing (bad) and changed them in early march. Now I'm seeing slippage/movement on lower control arm on driverside frame bushing. Not cool! I do wheel mine more than most. In all honesty I have yet to call BDS yet cause I'm frying bigger fish right now. I'll keep you guys posted on their response.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
NFN, but their response should be simple. They have a No questions asked "if you break it we replace it" warranty. Having to change out the bushings every 5 months is not acceptable IMHO. Imagine if you had to pay labor to have it done ! It would quickly add up to more than the lift cost in just a few years or so.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I did send an email late Thursday night. I got a response back. They want to talk with me personally. There response was please respond back with a number so we can talk about a resolution. By the way, I noticed one of my pics on their website.

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
Whitey I have been having the same problem with the bushings. I purchased Currie johny joints for the upper and lower control arms just havent had the chance to install them yet.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Whitey I have been having the same problem with the bushings. I purchased Currie johny joints for the upper and lower control arms just havent had the chance to install them yet.
WOULD YOU CUT IT OUT! I'M GETTING A FREAKIN QUOTE FOR JOHNY JOINTS ALSO. :thatfunny Well I'll go ahead and admit that I'm thinking about moving the front axle forward 1/2" to 3/4" to eventually go for 38.5" tires on the next set. At least you have line-ex all over your truck and I've still got my care free scratch n dent coat! (almost care free)

On a serious note, you've got the updated kit don't you. My kit has all the same size bushings, only the bolts, sleeve sizes and inner bushing diam. are different. for what its worth, I have already ruled out lubricant breaking down the bushings. I switched to a tub of energy suspensions lube on this last set.
Today Ted Yearling of BDS was supposed to give me a call but didn't. BDS's number is 517-279-2135 in US. Give him a call. I showed video to BDS and quite a few in the offroad crowd here in NC. The guys I know think the bushings are way to loose from the begining.

Sorry to highjack the thread but I think all of you should hear this before going to BDS.

·
..::MOOSE::..
1,580 Posts
I am now more of a firm believer in you gotta pay to play. Now I'm wanting/needing more and more of a Carli 6" radius arm setup.......

sent via telegraph using Tapatalk TOO

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The things I would do for a Carli 6" Dominator kit with 3.5" front Kings/rear 3.5" 5 tube bypass Kings...

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
The things I would do for a Carli 6" Dominator kit with 3.5" front Kings/rear 3.5" 5 tube bypass Kings...
Stop it.......:spank2:

;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Talked with BDS today and sent pics of bushings they asked for and took measurements. They wanted distance from center of wheels to fenders. They're going to send bushings and want me to only go to 90 to 100ftlbs on bolts. That'll be hard for me to do.

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
With fresh bushings it will feel brand new for a bit but you wheel your truck so often that those bushings are going to start creaking and cracking like my do.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Sounds to me like johnny joints are the way to go. Just cut & weld the BDS arms i guess. That will probably void the warranty though.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My 0.02 cents...

While I already have what I need and possibly way more than I will ever fully exploit for suspension. I am waiting with baited breath for the bolt on 3" long arm kit from Carli.

The things I'm watching for is...
1) Notching of the center of the OEM mounts for clearance. Or not requiring removal of OEM mounts at all due to clearance bends inwards at the rear of the radius arm mounts.
2) Full turning radius (no rubbing) with OEM wheels and Toyo 37" tires.
3) 3.0 Kings w/ clickers on the reservoirs. Or...
4)... Provisions for either a fully bolt on 2.5" hydro bump using the 3.0 or 2.5" King shocks. Or...
5)... Quad bypass 2.5 Kings for the front with an OEM or DYSCO upper travel stop on the front.
6) Integration of long arm mounts and a custom HD cross member.

If not I will stay with what I have now as nothing currently available offers more than what I already have now at a 3" maximum lift ride height.

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
NFN, but their response should be simple. They have a No questions asked "if you break it we replace it" warranty. Having to change out the bushings every 5 months is not acceptable IMHO. Imagine if you had to pay labor to have it done ! It would quickly add up to more than the lift cost in just a few years or so.
I hear you!

Sometimes people put too much emphasis on the length of warranty as opposed to the part itself.

There are many parts on the market that have lifetime warranty's but are junk. Look at Moog ball joints. Sure they will give you a new set every 20k but you have spend the 6-8 hours or $400-$700 to have the swapped out. This gets old super fast.

In this case standard poly bushings and thin wall tubular control arms aren't going to to be the best route to go for the guy who actually goes off road.

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
I hear you!

Sometimes people put too much emphasis on the length of warranty as opposed to the part itself.

There are many parts on the market that have lifetime warranty's but are junk. Look at Moog ball joints. Sure they will give you a new set every 20k but you have spend the 6-8 hours or $400-$700 to have the swapped out. This gets old super fast.

In this case standard poly bushings and thin wall tubular control arms aren't going to to be the best route to go for the guy who actually goes off road.
Dang! :YO: So your telling me my new Moog ball joints are going to be toast in another 20k?? Factory ones lasted almost 90k so I am not too worried. about it.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Dang! :YO: So your telling me my new Moog ball joints are going to be toast in another 20k?? Factory ones lasted almost 90k so I am not too worried. about it.

My Moog Problem Solvers are going on close to 50,000. No issues. THey'll be alright, ;)

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
It it hit or miss.

I have had a few guys get 40-50K out of a set of Moogs but that was a few years back before they were bought by Federal Mogul. Nowadays I get call from customers all of the time that have a hard time getting 25k out of a set and are extra angry that nothing else fits the axle now. Alot of the Moog ball joints have a splined housing to make fitment better without them having to be as precisely machined. This in turn stretches out the bore in the axle C's making it too big to fit anything else without drastic measures. Because of this Dynatrac will customer knurl their ball joints to fit these otherwise detroyed axles.

The quality of the factory ball joints that Dodge put in these trucks was alot better 7 years ago. That is why guys with the newer trucks go through ball joints like oil changes and the older trucks could go 50-100K.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I am even more confused now
lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zone 2.5" spacer

I looked up this part on their web site and it specificly says that it will not fit a Power Wagon because of the factory lift. I've read a couple post of guys that have put these on Power Wagons and was wondering if they really do fit, or what the issues are.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts