DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at purchasing headers for my hemi ram. i have looked at some other posts about headers but I just wanted to know the best headers for $500-$600?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
Edelbrock TES some welding required-still installed for $650+/-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the edelbrock come with the y pipe? Where would you get one if it doesn't? I have looked around and saw the jba cat4ward comes with y pipe, is edelbrock better?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
edelbrock headers do come with a Y-pipe but i believe you have to have your cats welded onto it. JBA is too expensive for the gains. Edelbrocks are just as good quality for a lower price. check out jegs.com or summitracing.com for free shipping.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
Shamrock said:
Which coating does that come with for that price?
for $426 from jegs it only comes with the black paint. Which isn't close to good as the ceramic coating they have available now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
headers

I am waiting for Gibson headers to come out. The factory (gibson) says they are shorty header but much better than stock and will bolt right up. Offered in ceramic. I keep in contact with them and they should be out in a week or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
for $426 from jegs it only comes with the black paint. Which isn't close to good as the ceramic coating they have available now...
The only Edelbrock header I could find for the 5.7 was part number 350-66693, which cost 402.99.

They have what they're calling a Ti-Tech coating (a grey color), which I've never heard of. I wonder how durable that coating is?

Shit, if that's all they cost, it looks like I'll be putting headers on sooner than I thought. I think I'll go ahead and get an electric cutout when I do it as well, to help save on install cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
mitchgmace said:
I am waiting for Gibson headers to come out. The factory (gibson) says they are shorty header but much better than stock and will bolt right up. Offered in ceramic. I keep in contact with them and they should be out in a week or two.
What kind of price and what kind of gains are they claiming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,130 Posts
looking at $550.0 and 20+ hp I don't know about all that gain but for me a little will go a long ways. I'm putting an NX kit on and want my truck to breath better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
mitchgmace said:
looking at $550.0 and 20+ hp I don't know about all that gain but for me a little will go a long ways. I'm putting an NX kit on and want my truck to breath better.

Sounds about like what I'm planning on doing.

Thing is, I don't want to go with much more than bolt-ons right now. My truck only has 3500 miles on it at a year old. I want to break it in a bit more, to make sure everything is going to be alright before I start diving into warranty voiding mods.

When I head to the track this summer, I'd like to suprise a few people. I know what I need to run to take about 90% of the cars there. With my TA, it didn't take much, with the Ram it's going to take a bit more, but beating everyone with something that shouldn't be very fast (still not as good as the 9 second pinto that runs there) is going to be fun. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
Shamrock said:
The only Edelbrock header I could find for the 5.7 was part number 350-66693, which cost 402.99.

They have what they're calling a Ti-Tech coating (a grey color), which I've never heard of. I wonder how durable that coating is?

Shit, if that's all they cost, it looks like I'll be putting headers on sooner than I thought. I think I'll go ahead and get an electric cutout when I do it as well, to help save on install cost.
that's what i said. for a price that cheap (with quality :D)you can't go wrong with a nice pair of Brock headers. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
that's what i said. for a price that cheap (with quality :D)you can't go wrong with a nice pair of Brock headers. :D

So... did they formerly come with the black high temp paint for 429 and now they are offereing them for less with a better coating?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
No Y pipe included with the headers for the 5.7 04 hemi-I can't say Edelbrock is the best for thebuck because all I wanted was Edelbrock (and i get to display the "Edelbrock Headers" sticker below my etched glass Ramhead which is above the etched "HEMI" on by rear window---looks great!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
You can get the Hedman longtubes AND y-pipe for only $350 shipped from jegs.com. Thats what I am running, and they made a significant gain on my truck. I picked up 12hp/19tq on the dyno with these headers. I put these on the same time as my superchips tuner, and this combo dropped my 1/8th mile times from a 9.20 @ 78.xxmph to a 8.85 @ 80.85mph. Thats pretty good for only $350. That price is for the painted ones though...you could probably get them coated locally for about $150.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
Shamrock said:
So... did they formerly come with the black high temp paint for 429 and now they are offereing them for less with a better coating?
the black paint came with it for $429 and now as an option you can get the ceramic coating for a little more. i guess i was wrong about the y-pipe coming with the headers.. :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What does an electric cutout do for headers?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
hemipower3315 said:
What does an electric cutout do for headers?
what do you mean do for headers? you mean will you gain more power with a cutout? I'm not sure on the Hemi. I don't know if you'll get drastic results like if you were to put a cutout on a LS1. If that's what you're asking.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top