DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who mkes the best gears ? . . . Or are they all about the same ?. . .(YUKON)
-(MOTIVE)-(SUPERIOR)-(ALLOY)-(PRECISION)- Etc . . . . . . . ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this your opinion ? or you happen to know ? . . . Are any better than the other , like one is alloy , the other is potmetal ? . . . . . . But yes , I do understand the install is important , and who does the install . . . . I've taken that into account . . . . .

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
SilsHemi said:
Motive are good gears. Plenty in the forum have installed them. :)

Sil
Agreed. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Becuz they are easy to get ! . . . Im not saying they are bad , Im just asking if they are alloy . . . .I know the Yukons Claim to be , and so don't a few others . . . But are Motives Alloy ? . . .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah , I guess ur rite ! . . . I found a good deal on a Front & Rear 4.56 package , is why I ask ........................Thanx

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
gtbradford said:
Yeah , I guess ur rite ! . . . I found a good deal on a Front & Rear 4.56 package , is why I ask ........................Thanx
Where did you find the great deal???... If you dont mind me asking.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
gtbradford said:
Our price SHIPPED coast to coast is only 578.79 for both Front & Rear gear sets & Master install kits for both.

Their price for the same items SHIPPED to my door GROUND 565.00...

They have us beat by 13.00... I don't see them on this forum working for your business .... Are you saying you would spend your money with them just to save 13.00?

You guys need to start adding in the shipping cost... Just by the reactions to that price I'm starting to think about doing away with the FREE SHIPPING as nobody really pays attention to it. I know there price has us beat by a few bucks, but I bet they are buying direct and are getting a better discount on the parts. I can only go so low before I stop making money and start losing money.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No ! . . I hear you ! . . I will order from you . Becuz you ARE on the forum all the time , to get Tech info from . . .This well worth the $13 . . . .. Good price aswell , By the way ! . . . . . . .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/B]I found this much info :

ALLOY USA

Ring & Pinion Sets
These affordable high strength gear sets come in all the popular ratios to satisfy everyone's gearing needs. Oversized tires require higher ring & pinion ratios to restore performance. Made from high quality 8620 forgings and Gleason gear cutting technology, these gears are made to last. Complete Overhaul Kits are available separately to complete the job. Exclusive 3-Year warranty.

SUPERIOR

Ring and pinion gears are premium quality from start to finish.
• Superior starts with the purest 8620 gear steel forgings available in the USA and Europe.
• Computer controlled machining is followed by the latest gear cutting technology and superior heat-treating.
• Each gear is finished with extra lapping for an ideal contact pattern and smoother, quieter operation.
• Add Internal Carrier Rebuild kit to freshen up your rear end
• Internal Carrier Rebuild Kits includes side gears, spider gears, cross pin, thrust washers, and a cross pin bolt or pin
• Exclusive 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
• Cryo-treat your gear set!

Cryogenically treated materials show a marked increase in many areas:
• Wear resistance
• Toughness
• Eliminates nearly all residual stress
• Dimensional stability
• Fatigue resistance
• Denser microstructure

YUKON

Yukon ring and pinion gears are put through some of the most rigorous development in the industry. Each ring and pinion is made from 8620 triple alloy (chrome-nickel-moly) steel. Computer controlled machining is followed by the latest gear cutting technology and heat-treating. Yukon finishs each gear with extra lapping for an ideal contact pattern and smoother, quieter operation

MOTIVE

Motive Performance Plus gears are made with an extra strong race quality alloy. They also do NOT have a reputation such as Richmond for "gear whine"
Motive Gear is a manufacturing industry leader in professional quality, high-performance ring and pinion sets. The superior quality of these gear sets is the result of years of racing development, outstanding design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods. Motive Gear performance products can often be found in the winner's circle at NHRA, IHRA, ANDRA, SODA, SCORE, and NASCAR events. Motive Gear ring and pinion sets are available in a wide range of ratios for most applications. Motive Gear also offers a lightweight alternative to standard ring and pinion gear sets. The new AX series ring and pinions are designed to increase horsepower and efficiency by removing rotating weight. Professional race teams have used custom-lightened drivetrain parts for years, resulting in faster times and more wins. The AX series gears from Motive are lightened during the manufacturing process; this results in gear sets that have been engineered, not modified. Computer-controlled heat treatment, index tooth spacing, and CNC machining all go into AX series performance gear sets.
RICHMOND
RICHMOND is the leading manufacturer of professional quality, hi-performance ring and pinion sets. For over 80 years, the Double Diamond has signified the highest quality gears in the racing industry! RICHMOND Performance Products are the result of a continuous research and development program combined with state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities at their plant in Liberty, South Carolina.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Motive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.