Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 1500 -96 5.2 3.55/9.25
and will tow at the trucks limits
(90 % at the highway 55mph)
dont want to wind to high and dont mind running OD in flat roads
i now that everyone would say get a CTD ..:crazy:
so what would be the right rear axel ratio?
rear axle need a rebuilt anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
3.92 Or 4.56.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 4.10's in my 97 2500 4x4 and like them. I would not want any more gear than that. With my 4.10's and locked OUT of OD I am turning around 3K at 60. Don't tow in OD unless your truck and do so without "hunting" or constant shifting between D and OD.

my .02

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 4.10's in my 97 2500 4x4 and like them. I would not want any more gear than that. With my 4.10's and locked OUT of OD I am turning around 3K at 60. Don't tow in OD unless your truck and do so without "hunting" or constant shifting between D and OD.

my .02
i would newer let it "hunting" betwen D/OD so that would be no problem :)

missed in my first post that i have 275/45-20 tires

·
RAM IT
421 Posts

·
Black Sunshine!
994 Posts
4.56 would drop your mpg to like 5 haha id stay with 4.10's that will work just fine

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm i´m not getting better then 12mpg now:bncry:

this is from today towing an old caravan to the junkyard

Attachments

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
if you will stay with those tires go 410 if you want bigger tires down the road then 456

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Off topic: Get a transmission cooler and shift kit (If you don't have these items.) to make the transmission live longer.
That's pushing the limits of your truck for tow weight so check the brakes also.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Off topic: Get a transmission cooler and shift kit (If you don't have these items.) to make the transmission live longer.
That's pushing the limits of your truck for tow weight so check the brakes also.
cooler and shift kit is taken care off :)
brakes in this rams ar not the best,dad´s b-van(2500 HD-99 8 lug wheels) have soo mutch better brakes:bawl: ,trailers here av 4wheels brakes /not electric style so they are not to bad

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
cooler and shift kit is taken care off :)
brakes in this rams ar not the best,dad´s b-van(2500 HD-99 8 lug wheels) have soo mutch better brakes:bawl: ,trailers here av 4wheels brakes /not electric style so they are not to bad
Where is that exactly? I couldn't pronounce the town you have listed under your avatar.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whe have a lot US cars/trucks here
you can (import it your self ) or buy it from car dealer/importer
my truck was imported in late 99 to Sweden ,i dont now the history more then the last owner that had an consulting company and driving highway 99% of the time no trailer/cargo i he was stepping up to a new Dodge truck (2008) and didnt need this anymore...good for me ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.