DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all first post, actually never thought of buying a dodge lol . Just bought a 2006 dakota STL 4X4 quad cab and i m wondering what is the best way for engine breakdown, at the moment it's at 150km.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Hish. Congratulations on the purchase. I'd say the best way for engine breakdown would be to run it without any engine oil for the next 3,000 miles (4827 km). Good luck! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say go **** yourself 3000 times i thought i could get a good advice from this forum guess not ****ers

·
Registered
616 Posts
simmer bud. welcome first and foremost. second...based on how you phrased it the first time...you got an answer... i had to read it a few times to get where you were going. i THINK you are asking...what are common ways for these engines to break down?? if thats the case...then you should mention which engine you have...if not...then please rephrase..

·
Banned
505 Posts
He didn't mean "break-in" did he? Judging by his response I'm not sure breakdown is actually what he meant, because there's no better way for that to happen then to run the thing with no oil! :)

·
Banned
268 Posts
What engine do you have? the V6 or the V8 (if the 8, which one)? I have heard not to run it more than 65 mph for the first 1000. I am not sure that is accurate, but I have never had problems doing it that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a V6 engine.

Flyhalf i m french and got mixed up with the words and thought you were playing around

·
graythang
262 Posts
They say constant HI speed is a no no. They do recommend short burst of acceleration with in the first 1000 miles. I drove mine on the back roads to work for the first 800 miles to keep the speed all over the place. Lot of good it did me though. I just happen to have a bad build soon gone.
Good luck with new ride and welcome to a diverse and interesting group.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it leaves us thinking what would that post have been like without my answer, and i think we should just forget about it, you with me on this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, without your answer, I'm thinking we all would have had a couple laughs because of my keen wit and then someone would have chimed in to help you, just like I was going to before you told us all to **** ourselves :hair:

All is forgotten. Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.