DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after looking around I see my top 3 as Mopar, K&N, and AFE.

They are all about the same $. But I see the AFE as the top producer of performance and MPG gain, with Mopar at the bottom.

I know that Mopar is claiming no warranty worries, but unless they prove my engine parts fail from another CAI then they all have the same effect.
Is there any one who can give there 2 cents? Testimonials, dyno's, etc.

And, what is the given MPG increases?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have an Airaid CAI and I would estimate my mpg went up by maybe 1 mpg if that....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey -VENOM-, do you know of any cleaning routines we must do for the Mopar CAI? I know other CAI's use some kind of oil or lubricant in its filter but not the MOPAR. I have to admit that sometimes I get worried it's sucking in dust and debris that I just don't know about.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recommend the AFE, we sell alot and their quality is second to none. Check thier site for more info hp/tq gains. They almost always outperform the competition. I have one on order for my Durango as well. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It doenst state it but Im going to clean it and lube it since I have the recharge kit from my other car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
there probably is little to no difference in the CAI's. I have a K&N and love it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have had both and are the same are WOT but Volant take more rpm to make noise but not by much. You cannot hear either during idle. I would not pick one over the other due to noise. Here is a vid http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=99831 . Now yours will not sound that low from the rear of the car if you have the stock resonator installed but the noise will sound only on the front. Since I replace my resonator amd CAI you can hear me coming and going.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have an 04-06 Durango with 4.7, I can hook you up currently have one listed on ebay for $125.00. Send me a pm if interested. It is a hell of a deal. I ordered one off ebay thinking it might work for my dakota, wrong!!!!

Thanks

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
here is my volant cai on my hemi durango.. its not overly loud but the noise is noticable under full throttle... almost non-existant under light throttle

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.