DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 dodge ram 1500,And i just bought a srt 10 hood today and im looking for a cold air intake that goes to the hood to make it fully functional.Any idea's?

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
Here are couple kits but I don't think you will see much of a benefit from either.

Mopar makes this Intake tube

SRT-10 IntakeTub Mopar part # P5153307 routes air over to your CAI

Volant Ram-Air Scoop: 2003-06 Dodge RAM w/ SRT-10|Daytona hood

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that mopar one should help,cause i already have a K/N CAI i dont really dont wanna buy a hole new system so really im just looking for a scoop to get the air directly to the sourse thx for the help!!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I don't know the truth of this, but I heard that the opening in the srt-10 hood doesn't really bring air in to the engine bay

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
You're better off letting the hood vent out hot engine air and running a CAI down in the fender well. The hood functions like a wing and creates a low pressure zone that pulls air OUT of the scoop instead of in.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
that's right it was George that told me that :thatfunny

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok have you guys heard of the jet scoop maybe ill buy the jet scoop for my intake and then use the hood to vent hot air

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
ok have you guys heard of the jet scoop maybe ill buy the jet scoop for my intake and then use the hood to vent hot air
is that the one from airram?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you heard how good it works??

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I have heard that it works.......Gubbylee is selling one, if you are interested in it send him a pm and make him a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
have you heard how good it works??
It's a good addition for the price. I have the SRT-10 hood and the Jet Stream scoop.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well there pretty cheap here so ill just buy one here thaks tho quietpeen
do you notice gain in mpg or power

·
Registered Confuser
6,359 Posts
the srt scoop is way to low to have any function, kinda the reason drag cars have their scoops a foot above the hood, thats whats really necessary to provide any benefit. Ive heard some good things about the jet stream scoop, maybe someday ill save up a few bucks and get one myself

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
the srt scoop is way to low to have any function, kinda the reason drag cars have their scoops a foot above the hood, thats whats really necessary to provide any benefit. Ive heard some good things about the jet stream scoop, maybe someday ill save up a few bucks and get one myself
send gubbylee a pm :thatfunny

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
well there pretty cheap here so ill just buy one here thaks tho quietpeen
do you notice gain in mpg or power
I got more bugs in my filter...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.