DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His is the silver, its a 2004 and has just over 200,000k on the od. Has a leveling kit and some nice bfgs. Overall its a great truck for the price he paid, but the high k's reflect that. Its a 4.7, does anyone have some things i can look for that could go wrong on theses 4.7s with high k's? We spent all weekend working on it, cleaning it up, tinting taillights, cleaning the throttle body, just small stuff but made a huge difference. Now on with the pics!:rck:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Clean looking trucks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
If the oil wasn't changed regularly they can sludge up and it plugs the oil drains in the cylinder heads

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looking good!! Funny i bought mine and my best friend got one just a week later from the same dealer and another friend recently bought an 04 QC also!!

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the oil wasn't changed regularly they can sludge up and it plugs the oil drains in the cylinder heads
Yea hes planning on gettin the plugs changed out for sure. and gettin a full tune up and checked out. I did notice the oil pan is leaking a bit. The bottom of his power steering resivor is caked in crap also. But its not new by any means, just needs some love and care.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yea hes planning on gettin the plugs changed out for sure. and gettin a full tune up and checked out. I did notice the oil pan is leaking a bit. The bottom of his power steering resivor is caked in crap also. But its not new by any means, just needs some love and care.
Not the spark plugs. A lack of proper oil maintenance produces sludge which accumulates under the valve covers, potentially blocking the passages that allow the engine oil to drain back into the oil pan thus starving the engine of oil.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Nice truck ... :cool: :tup:

So long as the engine hasn't over heated and the LSD in the rear axle is in good shape, you'll be OK.

:imo

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts
I've got near 200,000kms on my 02 and I have had nothing wrong with the engine. It's only had the valve covers off once and that was by choice when I installed the HO cams. Very strong capable engines, nothing really to worry about. I would just do a couple quick oil changes(2-3000kms) to help get rid of sludging if there is any.

Good looking truck too. Makes me miss having a nice looking silver truck again:bawl:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nice truck, it definitely looks cleaned up.

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
HEMI
2,771 Posts
Nice, black and silver, two of my fave colors of rams. :)

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
For it's age and the miles on it (sorry, I'm not Canadian, LOL), that silver Ram is very clean. Needs a little touching up on the front bumper but that's no biggie. Someone took good care of it!

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For it's age and the miles on it (sorry, I'm not Canadian, LOL), that silver Ram is very clean. Needs a little touching up on the front bumper but that's no biggie. Someone took good care of it!
Yea both front and rear bumpers need to be painted, the rear is spray bombed silver:ugh

·
Don
918 Posts
hey tell your bud nice looking truck man!!!! just take care of the truck and the truck will take care of you

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
great looking truck, love the color

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.