DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to put a fresh set of front and rear brake pads on my 04’ Hemi Ram 1500. My truck is not my daily driver anymore, and only gets used a few times a month for towing the boat or utility trailers around. What are the best brand/type of brake pad I can get that will not fade when pushed to the limit? Yes, I have brakes on the trailers…….but it’s always nice to have good brakes on the truck too.

I put a set of PowerStop Evolution Plus pads on my wife’s car, and they are by far the grippiest pads I’ve never used, the initial bite when you first hit the pedal it almost too much…..would they work good on my truck also? I saw that they actually have pad/ slotted rotor kits for around $350.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Take a look at the EBC green stuff that helps with towing. I got a pair.. a little noisy when you first break them in and when they get hot..but they require 1k miles to fully break in and should be dead quiet.. they do have kevlar in them as well. I was doing a few test from 80-50 stops and damn do they have some serious bite to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed Wagner Severe Duty sx1084 front and sx967a rear pads and really like them. They way are less expensive and came with all the shims and molly. I got them from Amazon, they had the best price, I think I paid less than $60 for both sets. I am not trying to promote Amazon, it get expensive maintaining these trucks and the savings help. I tow a 30ft camper and these do a great job stopping.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't buy any aftermarket pads and rotors anymore after doing a whole vehicle once and having to live with squeaky brakes even though they were brand new. Other after markets I've bought be replacing them like every year or even before. I just put new pads and rotors on my rear (including ebrake). Used mopar on all components. Pretty pricey but made in north america, don't squeak, stop very well and I have no doubt they will last a while. hard to go wrong with oem on any part. Just buy them online and you'll save a few that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts