DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to pick up some ATF+4 or equivalent for when I drop the pan to replace it... can anyone point me in the right direction for the best place to pick up some ATF+4 or equivalent for the best price?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I bought some the other day from the dealer. $3 per qt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
senglehart said:
I bought some the other day from the dealer. $3 per qt.
Damn, I wish I lived near you... local dealer quoted me $6.95 per qt... for that price I'll buy Amsoil.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If you need ATF +4 the ONLY place to buy it is the dealer. Amsoil and the other aftermarket synthetics are NOT certified ATF +4 fluids and do NOT meet warranty requirements. Don't be fooled by what Amsoil or other fluid mfg's tell you. ONLY the dealer has ATF +4( MOPAR brand fluid ). ONLY!

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Since Dodge has had SO MANY transmission problems I let them do ALL the transmission servicing. If I ever have a transmission related problem they "Own it!" as far as Im concerned. I have them change the fluid and filters every 20,000 miles. So far 68,000 miles and not a problem at all... I run it fairly hard as well...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
Since Dodge has had SO MANY transmission problems I let them do ALL the transmission servicing. If I ever have a transmission related problem they "Own it!" as far as Im concerned. I have them change the fluid and filters every 20,000 miles. So far 68,000 miles and not a problem at all... I run it fairly hard as well...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I couldn't agree more!!!!!! I too plan on doing the trans service at 20K as well. 30K, with their history of trans trouble, is a joke. I will also flush the tranny each time as just dropping the pan is a waste as you only get half the fluid out max.

On my 94/97/01 Rams I did it every year just because of all the trouble. Sold my 03 before 20K so I never had a trans service but have decided, like you, that 20K is good for my 04. The ATF +4 is so expensive that I am going to go longer. The 7/70 give me peace of mind about waiting that long too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.