DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an all terrain tire in a 285/70/17 (295 is ok) I can't go too big because I pull a small horse trailer.

does anyone one have any suggestions on a good tire that is not to pricey?
I spend most of my time on the road but would like to do some off roading and it does snow here in the winter.
I Like the Nitto terra grapplers for the look

·
Registered
609 Posts
the pro comp mud terrain is the only tire i put on my truck but i know they have a size your looking for

·
Registered
609 Posts
and they have a real quiet ride

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
I was gonna say the BFG AT but if you like the nittos go with them.

·
Website Designer & SEO
1,411 Posts
THey are good looking tires. Here's my question to you, how many miles will they last and is your gas mileage affected by them??

flameon4x4 said:
the pro comp mud terrain is the only tire i put on my truck but i know they have a size your looking for

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im going to be the odd one in the bunch. I just put these on my truck and they are awesome. 285/70/17 Bridgestone Dueller AT REVO, they have a 50K mile treadlife warranty, aweseome tread and the best ratings I have ever seen for a AT tire. Check them out at tirerack.com They list them at $155 a piece, they retail for over $200 at the local shops. I found a place to match there price. They fit perfectly at stock height but I decided to crank the T-bars 4 turns to get rid of the rake and it looks and drives awesome.

·
Registered
609 Posts
well jonhemi iv had them for about two years and i drive every where i go mudding about three times a week and i still have about a inch to an inch and a half left in tread as for the gas mileage i dont realy know because its had big tires on it since 1998 and its a 95 my dad bought it with two miles on it and he droped it two inches off the ground when he died i got it and lifted it and put big tires on it i really dont remember if gas mileage was affected but i get about nine miles to the gall. and i have a 450 h.p hemi . but i like them they are not loud they ride real nice after six m.p.h and really strong its hard to get stuck. ttyl

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I demand a lot from my tires, carrying 4k at hwy speeds, only one tire meets these requirements Toyo open country E rated 285/70/17. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the in put

i was originally looking at the bfg at's but everyone else around here has them and I wanted something different
the bridgestone revo's are nice but not agressive looking enough for me

·
Registered
115 Posts
I may be towing a 7000lb travel trailer and I am considering some Maxxis buckshot mudder 305/70/17 D-rated 8 ply tires, advertised at 3000lb max load. Am I setting myself up for trouble? I hadn't even thought of the towing implications.

·
Registered
32,956 Posts
I love my Coopers! These are one of the best tires I've ever had. They are 285/70/17's.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
i have pro-comp extreme a/t

they have a more aggressive tread than a lot of a/t tires i have seen and are real quiet compared to a lot of them

i have also put 20 thousand miles on them including a 5 k mile trip to ny and back and a 3 k trip to fl and back and i parked next to a truck yesterday with new ones on it and the tread wear is very minimal

there is very little ( normal type wear) on the front because i have not rotated them since i put them on

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
Grim_Reeper7.0 said:
I got news for ya, the Bridgestone Revos will outperform the BFG AT by a long shot and have a much better ride. Ive been through alot of tires and these kick ass.

i've ran both the revo's and bfg's as well and i concur...the bridgestone's will out perform the bfg's as an all terrian anyday

both are great tires...the bridgestone has the edge though

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
would there be any rubbing issues with the Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain's in a 305/65r17 (32.6x12.1") on factory 17x8 rims
they are a good price right now buy 3 get 1 free !

·
They call me Radio
4,807 Posts
Just something to make you consider the Revo's more. On tirerack.com, you can get them at 155 each and if ya get 4, you get a $75 rebate, which in the end, equates out to $136.25. Hell, I think I might even jump on those. BTW- thats for 285/70/17's

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.