DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got my truck and I keep seeing all these threads about Rams getting stolen and what have you. I live in Vegas where there is all kinds of stolen car/truck activity. So for piece of mind, I guess I better get an alarm. I was wondering what is the best alarm out there for Rams? I've had a viper in the past but wasn't too fond of it. I guess I want to hear what others have to say. :help:

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I have code alarm. it was on sale. It does its job and gives me remote start.

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
There is no "best" alarm. If a professional thief wants it, he'll get it no matter what.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Get one with a 2 way paging remote, since nobody pays attention to alarms going off anymore this way when it goes off YOU will know.
Any DEI (viper, cobra, etc) are pretty good, Prestige, Code Alarm etc. Just remember you get what you pay for and have a professional install it.
A good installer can hide all the wiring and the brain pretty good so a thief will have to work a little harder to steal it.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Yeah, I got the 2-way as well. I enjoy the fact that if my shock sensor does get erroneously set off (which will happen with every alarm thanks to neighborohood kids, lightning, etc.) My remote goes off as well and I can silence it immediately.

·
1,441 Posts
sgrizzle said:
Yeah, I got the 2-way as well. I enjoy the fact that if my shock sensor does get erroneously set off (which will happen with every alarm thanks to neighborohood kids, lightning, etc.) My remote goes off as well and I can silence it immediately.
A couple of my buddies have harleys and they get a kick out of stopping by and revving them up and making my alarm go off....

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Find a way to disable your truck that only you know about

And tell NO ONE not even your family and DON'T post here what you did

That is the best method

·
1,441 Posts
uncbob said:
Find a way to disable your truck that only you know about

And tell NO ONE not even your family and DON'T post here what you did

That is the best method
A very simple way to "disable" is an inline fuel shutoff.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
a viper 750 is a great alarm, and u can set the sensitivity level on the shock sensors so that passing cars wont set it off

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My friend is a mechanic at a chevy dealership. He rewired his ignition. The only way it will start is if your holding down the cruise control button while turning the key. If your not, every time you turn the key the horn goes off!

·
Registered
486 Posts
357 magnum should do the job.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
its a hemi thats what i use. check out my gallery for a pic of the warning lable on the back window. anyone seen the show "it takes a theif"?? its on discovery channel. anyway the were puting a film on a sliding glass door that makes it so that it cant be broken sort of like the windsheild on a truck. (it holds the glass together) they hit it w/ a bat twice and it still held. what do you think about that on the windows and a fuel cut off of somekind for a security system????? just a thought

·
1,441 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to have that done to your windows.....

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
03ramit1 said:
its a hemi thats what i use. check out my gallery for a pic of the warning lable on the back window. anyone seen the show "it takes a theif"?? its on discovery channel. anyway the were puting a film on a sliding glass door that makes it so that it cant be broken sort of like the windsheild on a truck. (it holds the glass together) they hit it w/ a bat twice and it still held. what do you think about that on the windows and a fuel cut off of somekind for a security system????? just a thought
Remember whatever it takes to "slow" the thief down. If he (thief) gets faster discouraged the better but not all theives will break the window they'll pop open the door easily.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i know that they will pop opne the doors. that is why you would need something that will disable the truck as well. i hate alarms i think they are just plane anoying. a fuel cutoff or an egnition(sp) disabler would be cool. what about something to disable the starter?? there are so many posibilitys out there i guess. on the film for the windows. try calling a security shop i bet they could tell you. cant be much more than a window tint job though. also if you got shaved handles on your truck they would almost have to break the glass.

·
1,441 Posts
Alot of alarms have a starter disable. Mine does and even if they rip the alarm out and it stops "screaming" the truck still can't be started due to the starter disable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.