DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my 17" pro comp xtreme alloys w/ 33x12.5 pro comp AT's on and took it for a superchips test run!! 91 tune 43 degrees outside and 1/2 tank of gas!! 14.97 @ 93 mph!!! pretty f****n good i think!!??

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Take it to the track

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you guys think it will run at the track?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
About a 14.97 :D

Honestly, I think your numbers are about right, but I would rather see you postthem on a timeslip instead of from what Superchips shows...but I do think you would be a very high 14 with your mods.

·
CARMAN
43 Posts
hmm. . .maybe mines a dog, cause with a superchip at 91 octane setting and cat-back I ran 16.08 at the track. It was pretty hot out that day, and I have a tooldbox full of tools.

Hoping the e-fan that's already at home and headers will make a difference :)

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Carman05Hemi said:
hmm. . .maybe mines a dog, cause with a superchip at 91 octane setting and cat-back I ran 16.08 at the track. It was pretty hot out that day, and I have a tooldbox full of tools.

Hoping the e-fan that's already at home and headers will make a difference :)
The difference is that a cat back on these trucks has shown very little gain over stock, and HemiRedRam is running a cutout and bypassing his muffler which has been proven to make power...so I think that with his more free flowing exhaust and ramair intake, he should be making some nice power. But after looking again, I would say very low 15's...14.9 might be pushing it unless you hit some perfect air.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
I ran a 15.08 with a rc/sb, 57 degrees out with 35psi in rear mud and snows. 4x4 with flashpaq and borla catback only mods. I did run it in full street trim with spare on mirrors in and no air filter. Track elevation is 603 feet

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Yeah, I'm not believing a 14.97 from a QC 4x4. I don't think this guy is lying, but I wouldn't bank on the Superchips Data Acq. Especially when he is running 33" tires. Something tells me the speedometer is off.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
Yeah, I'm not believing a 14.97 from a QC 4x4. I don't think this guy is lying, but I wouldn't bank on the Superchips Data Acq. Especially when he is running 33" tires. Something tells me the speedometer is off.
I can see it, I've ran a 15.1 in my truck before with less mods then him. 43 degrees has to help alot too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!! Ill be taking it to the track in the spring! and then again after my springs mods (edelbrock tes headers and an e-fan) cant wait!!! What do you guys think theses mods would shave off my 1/4 times? thanks

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I am still not seeing it. I am not saying it is impossible to do - just that I would not rely on the data acq. to validate it. My best 1/4 mile time with the Data Acq. was 16 seconds flat. The only difference between my truck and his was the cutout. I doubt a cutout is shaving a full second off a 1/4 mile time.

Now, my runs were done when it was in the low 60's. He did his in the 40's, so maybe 20 degrees cooler does mean losing a full second off a 1/4 mile time.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.