DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, those of you with the superchips programmer and the 4.7 I got a question, how much of a benefit do you see with just the 87 octane program? I know it is no where near the benefit of the 91 octane program, but is it fairly noticeable, do you still get the full torque management reduction? Do you get better mileage then when not using the programmer? I really want a programmer but would likely not be able to fill up with 91 all the time and just wondering if it is worth it if i will be running the 87 program a lot. Thanks

· AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,451 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all you get out of the 87 program is firmer shifts. The 91 is nice but if you're worried about gas prices, 87's not bad.

· Tank Mech
3,911 Posts
I was running the 91 program when we did our last dfw gtg, and for about a week and a half after that (boy, was I glad to have it uploaded instead of the 87. 'Specially 'cause our Hemi brethren were in such a hurry to get to TMS:D). But after running the 87 program for awhile now I can say I still feel a performance boost. Yeah the shifts are firmer, but I get a nice "push" in the mid-range. It's helped to kinda shaddap a couple of pesky kids in their daddy's ferds. It used to be that getting up to merging speed on Hwy 190 was a high-revving affair. Not anymore. I find it's easier to keep to the higher gear since I'm not using so much right foot (I think that accounts for the majority of the MPG gain I've seen). But if I'm in the mood for some fun, I step into it a little more and she bucks up and takes off (glad I got a Q/C otherwise I'd be smackin' my head on the back winder, lol).

Heck yeah, it's worth it....

· Banned
7,225 Posts
87 octane gas prices... 91 octane gas prices.. HARDLY ANY PRICE DIFFERENCE
For people that might disagree with me. You're willing to tell me that you can't fork out the extra $5.20 -$6.50 to get full tank of 91-93 octane vs. 87 octane gas?? That was based on .20-.25 extra for premium unleaded gas.

I'm sure you can stop buying unnecesary things like that big 62oz. slurpy and be able to buy the premium unleaded gas.

· Registered
914 Posts
I have been running sc 87 perf for almot 6 month now have had the 91 and 91tow in also i noticed great gains in 87 and greater gains in 91 i went to the laughlin bike run towing 2 full dress harleys on a 5x12' trailer and got better mileage than in 87perf i got 18mpg TOWING i get 17mpg in 87 and have gotten as high as 21mpg in 91 perf setting most of my driving is the same all i can say is with the sc programmer you cant go wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.