DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Belltech shocks last week, and found that the two front shocks were diffrent from each other. One has the plate with the two holes and the red bushing(this is on the bottom mounting point), the other has a plate with two slots, and a black bushing that really doesn't stick out like the old one. I called Belltech and confirmed that I just got stuck in between styles. When I asked if they changed it for adjustment purposes and he said "No, it's just a design change." No crap buddy! He obviously had no idea, but I'm guessing it may be for more adjustments? I may be wrong, but I'm sticking to it. I'd post pics, but I don't have anyplace to host them. So they're shipping two from the same warehouse, the others came from two, and I'm not sure which version I'll get, I just want them to match.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A huge amount of my car experience is with thirdgen f-bodies (Camaro/Firebird 82-92). The front has what they call a modified strut, which can be adjusted to set alignment. I wasn't sure what exactly the adjustments are on these trucks, and I cant think of any other reason why you would change a fixed mounting point to a slotted one. Other then for an adjustment in it's mounting position. Any other smarta** comments?
(J/K S1S)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The backup may have had something to do with the new design. Retooling, maybe holding the product until they have enough to ship in quantity? Summit said they have them in stock, and they will be shipping them tomorrow. I'm curious to see which ones I get.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can make as many smartass comments as you want, because you always throw facts in there too. That was my second idea. Making a part more of a universal fit means less production cost, and more money. As long as it handles better , I don't care if it looks like a Honda when I'm done.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and I've never seen a shock with two mounting holes like that. It seems kind of unique to me. Is this a wide spread method of attaching front shocks?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what happens when you have your head under firebirds for ten years. Let's call it Thirdgen Tunnel Vision. If it doesn't relate to a thirdgen f-body, I'm outta the loop.
I love cars, love turning wrenches, but hell, they're just cars. If you can't laugh at something, get the hell away from it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.