DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i'm trying to decide on which lights I want to put behind my grill and am overwhelmed with all of the options out there. I'm just curious what brands and models you guys are putting on your rigs. I was looking at some Hellas on ebay and they wanted 500 bucks for them that seemed a little pricy to me. Is that legit or are they scamming? Also another question for people with 08 5.9 hemmis. What are you guys doing with your exhaust? I dont want a super loud obnoxious exhaust. I just want a nice deep sound without sacrificing power. I have a friend who works at an exhaust place and he said that when he duals out dodges they loose a lot of low end torque because they need the back pressure anyone find this to be true? Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Okay so i'm trying to decide on which lights I want to put behind my grill and am overwhelmed with all of the options out there. I'm just curious what brands and models you guys are putting on your rigs. I was looking at some Hellas on ebay and they wanted 500 bucks for them that seemed a little pricy to me. Is that legit or are they scamming? Also another question for people with 08 5.9 hemmis. What are you guys doing with your exhaust? I dont want a super loud obnoxious exhaust. I just want a nice deep sound without sacrificing power. I have a friend who works at an exhaust place and he said that when he duals out dodges they loose a lot of low end torque because they need the back pressure anyone find this to be true? Any help would be great thanks.
Spintech or Magnaflow for the exhaust. :)

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Most of the guys run the Hella 500s. They normaly run about $50 - $70 for the kit with two lights, mounting hardware, and wiring. They are a 55w light and look pretty good. They are 6" across. Not sure what lights you were looking at but do not pay $500!

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I ran some 100Watt KC lights from Autozone. They were 49.99. They were chrome, but I painted the flat black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
where do you get a 5.9 hemmi jk

·
Registered
59 Posts
where do you get a 5.9 hemmi jk
i knew that was coming, lol :thatfunny

I have a Flowmaster 50 series muffler. I just replaced the muffler and left everything esle stock. Its not too loud inside or out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol yeah sorry I meant 5.7 my last ram was a 5.9.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
get an electric cutout...open when youwant loud and closed when you want stck

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spintech or Magnaflow for the exhaust. :)
Okay so I need a little more information than that. What size pipes and are you talking true duals or dualing it off after the muffler.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I paid about $50 for KC lights that came with everything I needed to install. I replaced my 100watt H3 bulb with HIDs.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I want to say my Hellas were $85 or something like that for the kit, far from $500......

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did PIAA SMR 520 chrome , 285.00 bones.
I'm in the same boat with you about the exhaust i don't want a loud one either.
I've heard also bad things about dual out too - you loose tow and torque. I'm going single out myself .
I think Borla sounds great and not to loud but cost a good chunk of change.
Flowmaster 50 series
Magnaflow 15862 cat back

If your satisfied with your exhaust choice post up I might go for the same thing if you like it.

Good Luck,
MR

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
Got my Borla installed Saturday and I am extremely happy with the sound. It's not to loud but when you step on it it has a great tone,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exhaust

I was looking at the Borla web site and was wondering what direction you went. Did you go with a full catback exhaust system or did you just replace the muffler?

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
I went with the Borla Full Catback system. I went with SI/DO and the pipes exit behind the wheels. Part number 140275

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
The stock pipes are 3" - save yourself some $$ and just get a replacement muffler. Use the factory pipe. Everyone says Magnaflow is kind of quiet. I have a Thrush two chamber that is not quiet. LOL Actually at freeway speeds I hardly know it is there. When I get on it, however......another story!

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
advanced auto has the hella 500s for 69 bucks. Theyre the most popular pick around here. Ive had them for a year ish

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a Flowmaster super 40 series muffler and a stainless chrome tip welded on. Not loud at all inside but sounds good when you step on it. Leave the resonator on though, I heard that helps with intereior noise reduction.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I had a Flowmaster super 40 series muffler and a stainless chrome tip welded on. Not loud at all inside but sounds good when you step on it. Leave the resonator on though, I heard that helps with intereior noise reduction.
Soundclip of in and out? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.