DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Put a BedRug bed liner in my 2014 Sport R/T's bed along with a TonnoPro TonnoFold Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. The BedRug is fairly easy to install and gives the bed a luxury look when you open the tailgate with the tonneau cover on. According to the BedRug folks this thing will withstand just about anything. I really like the way it looks and it makes hauling groceries easier as they don't seem to slide around near us much as they did with out the BedRug!

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
It's on my "To-Do" list when I get to the point of rebuilding my truck.

:)

·
Sheeps are fun
106 Posts
I like this idea. Not to be nosey, but about how much did it cost? Also, is it custom fit? It certainly is a nice clean look.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like this idea. Not to be nosey, but about how much did it cost? Also, is it custom fit? It certainly is a nice clean look.
I believe they run about $350. I just paid $380 for the BedRug version of a spray in. And yes they are a molded custom fit.

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts

·
just starting
323 Posts
Looking for white.
Got quoted $1,200 for a white line-x spray in bed liner :-/

So I'm just going to get the rug instead

Looks clean on your truck man!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Looking for white.
Got quoted $1,200 for a white line-x spray in bed liner :-/

So I'm just going to get the rug instead

Looks clean on your truck man!
After having issues with the fitment of my BedRug, I'm going with a Line-X spray in. I was got quoted less than half of that, so you might want to shop around a bit!

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
After having issues with the fitment of my BedRug, I'm going with a Line-X spray in. I was got quoted less than half of that, so you might want to shop around a bit!
Which brand of BedRug was the problem? Was it the brand name BedRug or someone else?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Which brand of BedRug was the problem? Was it the brand name BedRug or someone else?
It was a BedRug BedTred. Same BudRug, but suppose to mimic a spray in. I got shorted on the velcro install strips, the tailgate portion didn't fit (too short), and the bed portion never loosened up (even after baking in the sun) and really conformed to the bed. I got fed up and just decided to return it. Cool concept, but in my case it was poorly executed.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
It was a BedRug BedTred. Same BudRug, but suppose to mimic a spray in. I got shorted on the velcro install strips, the tailgate portion didn't fit (too short), and the bed portion never loosened up (even after baking in the sun) and really conformed to the bed. I got fed up and just decided to return it. Cool concept, but in my case it was poorly executed.
I do hope that's not a problem with the one that comes with the SnugLid F2 Hard Bed Cover. That much money and the thing doesn't work would really make one get upset.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just installed the Bedrug from mopar in my 09 Laramie CC. Love the look and wish I installed one back when I bought the truck new. I installed it over my line x spray in which was driving me crazy. It always looked dirty but now the bed looks like a piece of the interior.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I also agree with the OP. Very happy with BedRug. I had one in my '07, and after several years of use, it still looked like new. They look great, and fit well.
And yes, The Q, the manufacturer isn't exagerating. I've hauled mulch, dirt, gravel, lumber, firewood, and random household stuff (appliances, tools, toys, etc) and it's handled them all just fine. Any dirt or fluids can be vacuumed or hosed out.

I traded my '07 for a '12 that had a spray in liner from the factory. Since it already had a liner I didn't buy a BedRug for it. After having a BedRug, I hated the spray in. Sure it protected the bed, but anything not tied down slid. It was rough so any time you had to crawl to the front of the bed to retrieve whatever had slid up there, it tore up your knees. I don't know what all the hype is about with a spray-in, because the only thing I can say about it is that it's durable.

On that note. When I bought my '14, I immediately started looking for a BedRug again. For any of you who saw the thread, I actually found one for $50 at Summit (for a Ford) and customized it to fit the bed of my Ram.

It fits well now that the custom work is done, but if you compare the photos of the '07 and '14, you see that the rug that is designed for the truck does fit a little better. Even though the customized BedRug in my '14 doesn't follow every contour like the '07 did (because it wasn't meant for a Ram), it's still every bit as functional, and far superior to the spray-in that my '12 came with. Had I not found this one on clearance, I would have certainly paid full price for one. Easily one of my favorite mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts