DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a set on my Night Runner. Fit like a glove. Leave it to Ford to come out with a great idea. Dodge should take a hint and offer these as an option on 1500's and standard on 2500-3500.

I also picked up the molded mud guards, but haven't installed them yet. Having second thoughts, about detracting from the look. However, winters coming and there's nothing more I hate than a salt covered vehicle, especially with black paint.

Does anyone have these installed,(the mopar brand) on a black truck so I can get a visual?

thanks.

Ps. What's the safest way to pull off those damn decals? :rolleyes: :newbie:

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
srimay said:
What's the safest way to pull off those damn decals? :rolleyes: :newbie:

Fishing line. The badges are only attached by adhesive. Use the fishing line with a sawing motion between the badge and the adhesive. Once the badge comes off, lightly pull the adhesive off the paint. Mine worked like a charm. Some people here have used 3M Adhesive Remover, or even an eraser wheel for your drill. Heres a link to the eraser wheel if you decide to go that route.

http://www.handsontools.com/store/show_product/?product_id=2319

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The decals can easily be removed by heating them up with a hairdryer on a low heat setting. Then just pick up one edge and start peeling them back. Some 3m adhesive remover or Goof Off spray should clean any left over residue.

If you wanna debadge the emblems, follow mheidmans post. :)

KB

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, I've also heard that peanut butter works, anyone ever try it? The peanut oil soaks thru the decal and releases the adhesive.

The Night Runner comes debadged as far as the doors are concerned. Just the hemi name plate and the Ram logo on the tailgate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.