DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the mopar accessories for the ram I have seen this bed cover that has like 4 sections that fold. This is something I am looking for. Has anyone seen it or actually have it? I do not like the one piece hard fiberglass because what if you have somethign large to haul? What do you do?

I was even thinking of getting the one that is on a track and rolls up at the front of the bed but kinda pricey.

Kevin

· I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,941 Posts
I have a one piece fiberglass cover, and if I want to tow something large I spend 30 seconds and get a friend to help me lift it off

it's not hard at all to take off and put on

two clips and just lift it off

· Bill
73 Posts
I have the Dodge 4 section folding top. It was an easy install and the kit is well made. I didn't use the part for locking the tailgate, I have a power tailgate lock instead. I did use the supplied parts for locking the top. I like the painted one piece tops also but this is much more functional, I hate asking for help and if I had a one piece top I would have a hoist for it. I know these kits are made for Dodge by someone, but it was a very good kit with no drilling, unless you use the tailgate lock supplied.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what if you are at the store already and buy something... where do you put it? or what if you are at Home depot by yourself as I seem to find myself. Doesnt seem practical for me. Either a foldup or rollup seems more for me. I do like the hard shell cover look. But it also seems like too much to worry if it gets scratched.

· I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,941 Posts
yeah, was just saying hehe

prudent planning wins the day :p

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
I strongly considered that Mopar folding tonneau cover when I bought my truck back in '02..... but I ended up passing on it because the painted fiberglass covers just look so much nicer...... I have an Astro-Cap cover now, you can see it in my Gallery.

I thought being able to open the folding cover from either side would be convenient, and I'm sure it is, but I can only think of one or two instances when I thought to myself "hey I wish I had that folding cover"...... in the end, I paid less for what I have and in my opinion it looks better. :)

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
prourl said:
Where does one get that Astro cap and what is the cost?

Kevin
I got mine from Slammed1. He's a DodgeTalk sponsor and his prices are very competitive. You should contact him and ask about them!:)

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
prourl said:
wonder how the price would rate with shipping to what they sell for local.. i guess tax would offset this.

How hard was installation?

I just need to get one on there already.

kevin
The Astro-Cap cover I have is a no-drill install. Took about 5 minutes total to install. :)

· Registered
2,122 Posts
I just ordered the MOPAR( Leer )hard tonneau this AM for my 04 QC HEMI Ram. I used to have an aluminum cap on so hauling tall stuff as a rule wasn't an issue. My snowblower was the tallest thing I ever had to put in the bed and it fit under the cap. I was leary of going to the HT because it means I can't haul my snowblower around now. I just love the look, and security, of the HT so much however that I decided any inconvenience would be worth it. I will pick up a small utility trailer to haul the snowblower when needed now.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
prourl;

Did you know that if you buy the Mopar accessories one, and have it dealer installed, it is covered under your factory warranty( 3/36 )? Actually, any MOPAR accessory that is dealer purchased and installed is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.