DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search and read what I could find, and it looks like most people like the Belltech rear swaybar. I personally don't like the way that the Hellwig mounts, and I don't want to spend the money on the Hotchkis stuff. Does anybody have the Addco rear swaybar? Does anyone have any pics of the Addco mounted? I'd like to hear from anyone that has any rear swaybar. Which one do you have? Why did you go with that one? Would you recommend it to others? Fire away gentlemen! :shoot:

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I have the Hotchkis set-up front and rear. Handles awesome. I got a sweet deal for the kit a few years back, got the whole TVS system for a lil more than the sways themselves cost.

KB

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that the Hotchkis stuff is good, and I'll bet your truck handles awesome, but I can't see spending over $500 on a pair of swaybars, mainly because I know that any aftermarket front swaybar isn't going to be much better than the factory. Hence, I'm just looking to add a rear one. If they sold just the rear Hotchkis swaybar by itself, I'd probably be considering it. So, besides that, do you have any pics of how the rear mounts on your truck? Thanks...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I like the way the Belltech mounts better than the Hellwig. The Hotchkis mounts tot he bottom of the shock mounts and two holes you drill on the side of the frame rails. The end links bolt in there. It has two positions so you can make it stiffer/looser if you want. I don't have any pics, but here are a few screen grabs from my youtube video's I loaded.

KB

Attachments

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Belltech and the Hotchkis mount about the same, right? I think the Hellwig is the only one that clamps to the axle? Anyone ever seen the Addco on a truck? I'm guessing that it mounts like the Belltech?

· Registered
145 Posts
I chose the belltech because summit carried it pretty cheap. but you can't go wrong with the hellwig or hotchkis setups

Attachments

· Registered
542 Posts
I didn't like the way the Hellwig mounted either, but it
made such a big improvement in handling that I'm
willing to accept it. I haven't had a chance to try the
others though.

· Registered
10,350 Posts
The only real drawback to Belltech to me is not being able to use a PML differential cover. Other than that it works great with everything else,and the reason I sold so many.......I wished my supplier wouldnt have increased my price,I would be still selling them..........I am looking for new supplier for them but no luck so far.
Hellwigs are nice also,and are more universal for mounting options and trucks (2x4/4x4),it just some exhaust systems dont work with the Hellwig is all.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
How much do the rear swaybars weigh?
I'm not exactly sure Matt and I don't feel like unbolting mine and laying it on a scale. :D But a guy on HTC said he weighed them and the two sway bars together weighed only 14lbs more than the stock front by itself. So I dunno what that really tells ya. lol

KB

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all of the responses, and the pics. I think the Belltech's design, and the way it mounts looks like it would work the best for me. Anybody have suggestions on where to buy it, since Brian doesn't have any, of course. :rck:

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
I used the addco on the first gen Dak, I loked the method where it was mounted above the diff to the frame, then the outsides came down to the lower shock mounts with the bracket, fully adjustable for any ride hieght. But I do see going into the ram, where the shocks are mounted the way they are, the lower bracket needs to be modified to handle the mounting points. My addco worked REALLY nice! And it was almost invisible when looking at the back end, cause it was mounted into the frame.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sure that the Addco mounts a little different on the Ram, but I don't know because there are no pics or diagrams of it anywhere, Addco doesn't even have any! Besides, I called them and they are getting ready to release a brand new 2wd Ram swaybar (p/n 2313). If I don't get the Belltech before then, I may look into it, if it mounts better than the Hellwig.

· Registered
780 Posts
i ordered a belltech about 2 weeks ago from moe's. i cant wait to put it on. i just wish it would show up :VHOT:

· Just a Canadian
65 Posts
i am currently looking for a rear sway bar for my 2004 ram 1500 4x4, mine has a tow package but no rear sway bar, kinda sucks, i would prefer somthing of a stock nature tthe easier the better any suggestions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.