DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time poster here. I've got an 89 D150 that I've been trying to get up-to-snuff and I've got a battery drain as long as I've got a fuse in the circuit that runs the interior lights, dome light, etc. I was just wondering if there are some easy things to check before I really start yanking things apart. I'd also like to know just what all is included in that circuit, if anyone could be so kind as to tell me. Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On my 1988 Dakota, there's the underhood light, the glovebox light, the constant voltage for the radio, and the time delay relay (which will control the passenger footwell light and the overhead light).

I'd bet it's the same.

I'd check the underhood light and the glove box light first if you don't see anything; then pull the time delay relay and see if the drain stops. I've heard of a couple of the TDRs leaking electrically due to age.

RwP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 1988 Dakota, there's the underhood light, the glovebox light, the constant voltage for the radio, and the time delay relay (which will control the passenger footwell light and the overhead light).

I'd bet it's the same.

I'd check the underhood light and the glove box light first if you don't see anything; then pull the time delay relay and see if the drain stops. I've heard of a couple of the TDRs leaking electrically due to age.

RwP
Thank you so much, those are all the things I could think of that would be in that circuit too. I didn't even think about the relay though, so I'll check that too! Thanks again, my friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts