DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a new battery in my truck and its not as wide as the stock one. the clamp isnt securing the battery in place so i had to put some wood shims to stop the battery from sliding around. its ghetto, but its working for now. i want to fix it so i dont need any wood shims and im curious to see if anyone on here has run into this problem and can shed some light on how to fix it.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
What type of battery?

I know the Optimal Battery comes with adparters, as well as, the top cover.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Some sort of spacer is required that you seem to already have come up with! Maybe a fancy one made of plastic could be bought with those after-market hold-down kits that might work. Just curious, why the odd sized battery?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
The spacer or spacers are supplied with the Optimal Battery. That’s why I asked for the brand name of the battery that DannyMK2 put in his RAM. If DannyMK2 put a different brand, he maybe able to find a dealer that sells Optimal Batteries and he could buy just the spacer(s). Most dealers of the Optimal have extra spacers from units that did not need them. He would be paying for something that came with someone else’s battery but his problem would be solved.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It's OPTIMA not OPTIMAL, no L. Not trying to bust your chops, just thought you'd like to know.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
dmcelhannon said:
The spacer or spacers are supplied with the Optimal Battery. That’s why I asked for the brand name of the battery that DannyMK2 put in his RAM. If DannyMK2 put a different brand, he maybe able to find a dealer that sells Optimal Batteries and he could buy just the spacer(s). Most dealers of the Optimal have extra spacers from units that did not need them. He would be paying for something that came with someone else’s battery but his problem would be solved.
yep, you're right, I didn't say you were, just giving him options. That's kinda the point of asking this forum a question.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got it for free so there no returning anything. ill try finding a optima battery spacer. thanks

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
use felt. a lot of felt or rubber hose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.