DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as everyone here knows i have 2 rams, well i got the second mainly to keep the miles off the hemi, so my problem is the hemi sits for weeks at a time and never leaves the driveway, which leaves my truck gasping for power and has some trouble turning the starter until i drive it 40 miles or so to fully recharge everything, ive never replaced the battery in the truck so im going to assume its original, so im going to replace it this weekend, so here is my question, since it sits so much should i leave it on a trickle charger the whole time it sits, or should i put a charger on it once a week, what do you suggest?

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just bought a 1000w Cold cranking amp battery to replace the 600 i had

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
+1 on the trickle charger, I put them on my mowers during the winter.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on the trickle charger, I put them on my mowers during the winter.
so leave it on the trickle charger all the time, or just put it on full charge for a couple hours 1 day a week?

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
i just went through the same deal with an interstate battery. Truck sits, it dies. But mine went STONE dead. Interstate replaced it for free and haven't had a problem so far. I think you'll have no problems once you throw the new battery in there. good luck

·
Registered
32,955 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
A constant trickle charge sounds best. We have to keep our dump trailer's batter plugged in during the winter. Don't want to get to the dump and have it stuck halfway up.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
On my charger I have a 2/10/50amp charge. I set it to 2 and leave it. I use 10 for charging over night and 50 if I need to start it right then and there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.