DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the reasons that most people on here don't like banks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've very new here but.......

I just purchased a cat-back system. Banks was my first choice until I realized their pipes are T-409 stainless.

Putting that much cash into a muffler, I prefer to have it last longer than a few years.

Where I live the streets get very salted in the winter time which is a huge problem was iron based mufflers.

I went with the MBRP T-304 stainless for that reason.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I think that some people just think that Banks prices everything too high. I've never had anything from Banks, but a buddy of mine has the full system (High Ram intake, Intercooler, exhaust etc) on his 2nd Gen CTD, and he loves it.
If you haven't already noticed there is a lot of "piling on" that happens in message boards. :dogpile:
That is why I try to put the most credibility into people that have had experience with particular mods, rather than just having heard about something. I'm sure Banks' products aren't any worse than most others out there, so talk to some people that have tried the stuff.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had a turbo back exhaust from Banks on my 01 CTD, I thought it was great. Everything fit perfectly and it sounded great. I still use the Banks muffler on my 04 CTD.

From what I've heard here, seems people like Banks harware, like exhausts and crap, but some don't like their electronics, like programers and junk. I don't think they have any major flaws, only that there are other companies with better stuff.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Josh Brown said:
What are the reasons that most people on here don't like banks.

Like said before, Banks is a great system but way too pricey.... There are lots of other prouducts out there with the same quality or even better for alot cheaper price...

·
Registered
697 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I have heard a few horror stories about the Six-gun. Aside from that, Banks is pointed more towards the guy who wants to tow a trailer on the weekend, not the guy who wants to hit the drag strip on the weekend. With a full banks kit you can add a good 100-150 HP but it seems to pretty much end there and there are far cheaper ways to add up to 150HP.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Money, money and oh ya, money.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
It seems that people who know nothing about diesels and want more power always get Banks stuff. Those in the know have found that there are lots of cheaper ways to make the same power. As far as the 6-Gun, I have read the horror stories but I have also read the same stories about other boxes. What I don't like is that Banks still claims their stuff won't void your warranty. We all know that's not true....

·
Registered
121 Posts
been their done that, did not like the safety of the banks it ran good but like almost every one has said not for the money if I would of spent that much $ on TST and MP-8 now that would be the way to go. So I sold the banks system then put on Dr. P with LP and now waiting to get TST/MP-8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.