DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakflip

663 views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  section8ff 
#1 ·
Hey All!!!

I've been really kickin the idea of buying a tonneau cover, at first I wanted a undercover but I think if I ever needed to hall something large I would hate to have to go home an remove the cover.

So then a folding type might fit the bill. My Line-x goes far over the rail so anything I choose would need to either cover that or be flush mount inside the bed....

Anyone have any pics or comments on this one?

http://bakfliptonneaucover.com/faq

Thanks!!! :rck:

#2 ·
The one in the link looks nice. Very functional.

#3 ·
I like it, would work well for a lot of people. If I had a work truck I'd love a tonneau like this or one of those roll up ones.

KB

#5 ·
Thanks guys, just wish someone here has seen 1 in person....

#6 ·
I agree with you Wasinger12, the best way to get across to customers is to be annoying or catchy so you remember the product......

this is why I can't use a solid lid. Well 1 of the reasons

Attachments

#7 ·
Wasinger12 said:
Looks pretty cool. I watched that video and the person doing the audio on it needs to be shot............god that was bad!!! LOL.
I think that was Eric The midget oops I mean actor doing the audio ! love that cover , no lost box space unlike my pace edwards roll up ,.

#10 ·
great! have any pics? what makes it mopar?

#11 ·
There might be some quick pics in my gallery. The link I provided was not a Mopar, but another brand that makes the same thing. If you go to Mopar's accessory website, look under bed cover, hard, folding. Should be in there somewheres.

#12 ·
cool, just checked your gallery, nothing that helps...how much did it cost?

#13 ·
Don't remember, had it financed when I bought the truck. Go the the Mopar site, click Ddoge accessories. Choose the truck, 2005 Ram 1500/2500/3500. Shop for other Dodge accessories. Choose exterior, tonneau covers, hard, folding. I guess that's what I paid, I might have gotten it a little cheaper. But that's it. See if the fold-a-cover is cheaper. Either one, they lock, lock the tailgate, and can be removed. I moved a fridge without having to take the cover off. They're 100% water proof, but I'm cool with that.

#14 ·
sweet, about 800 on the site...

could I convince you to take a couple close ups where the cover meets the truck?

please, pretty please?

#16 ·
hahaha, SmartAss!!! Lol.....I will greatly appreciate it!!!

#18 ·
Excellent Job! Thank You Sir!! 1 question though, is the rail that supports the lid intrusive at all?

Thanks again for the pics!!

#20 ·
All right, very nice cover indeed. So now my search widens!!! :)

#23 ·
I also have the fold a cover on my Ram. Do a search on line and you should be able to get one for around $525 delivered.

I have been happy with mine and would not hesitate to recommend one. Nice locking function that works with the stock non-locking tail gate handle. My issue was being able to lock stuff in the back and still move it easily if I needed to haul something big.

I don’t think the rail seems to get in the way for normal use. Compared to the video link you posted… the fold a cover would take up less width of the bed because it attaches to the top of the rail… not the inside. The black rail matches the black line on the bottom of the windows very well also. I am not a fan of the edge of the Line X showing. I am still deciding how to get my Line X done… probably wont get it over the rail.

#24 ·
It looks nice, and if I had the money, I would prolly switch covers...I like the pace edwards, but the fact that the box takes up as much room as it does...it makes the bed a might small...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.