DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick story and a few pics for ya - I bought my G2 last year, installed on 2/06/09. In November I noticed a few dents in it.......damn acorns. Went out on a limb and tried to get the Bakflip guys to replace it under warranty. No dice..........eh, ok. So every chance I got I gently reminded anyone that was looking at one that it dents easily. :cool: Oddly enough, in one of those threads - the CEO of Bakflip was posting in. Julian saw my post and sent me a new F1! A little blurb about the F1 from Bakflip's website:

The BakFlip F1 Fiberglass reinforced polymer top provides unparalleled impact resistance while the aluminum underside ensures absolute structural security.

The BakFlip F1 was designed for people that are particularly hard on their tonneau covers or who live in climates that are subject to a lot of hail, ice and snow. Made from materials that are virtually indestructible, the BakFlip F1 is a tonneau cover that is much stronger than the body of your pickup truck. It will never dent through normal daily use, even when you drop something heavy on it or get caught in a severe hail storm.

The BakFlip F1 also stays relatively cool to the touch. Unlike its sisters, the BakFlip G2 and BakFlip HD, the fiberglass top surface will not heat up like aluminum. We have kept the substrate of the BakFlip F1 tonneau cover aluminum because aluminum will never expand and contract, so as far as structural stability, The BakFlip F1 performs just like we want. PERFECTLY!

The fiberglass reinforced polymer top also has a transparent coat which protects it from fading and is completely UV resistent. The BakFlip F1 will remain looking as good on the truck in 5 years as it does from the day you put it on your truck.
Shouldn't have to worry about acorns anymore! :rck:

So I took the old one off tonight, put the new one on (and while I was back there I finally ripped off my BFI decal from my back window!). Took about 45 minutes. Weird........the F1 didn't come with instructions, but its exactly the same as the G2.

So, a quick "review":
Pros - new material shouldn't dent! SWEET. Looks just like the G2, which I love!
Cons - don't crank the damn bolts on like I did. damnit......not like the G2 - caved it in a little bit. Whoops. :crazy:

Couple of differences between the G2 and the F1:
- the F1 came with a rubber seal for the front of the bed. G2 didn't.
- ......... yeah? thats it. Looks great!

Few pics of the new F1:

:ugh

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice, I need one of those.

·
Real Men Drive Mopars!
1,122 Posts
thanks for the update!

·
Always Broke!
801 Posts
:tup: Looks good Jeremy.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Look good.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Wow...what was that saying about the squeaky wheel :D

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Highly doubt an acorn would dent it, especially after I see how it reacted to cranking down the bolts. :D

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
very nice

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
nice....

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17