Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm starting to scratch my head now. I have something draining my battery overnight but not sure what. I checked the amp draw in between neg post and cable and I am only showing 1.7 mA. Pulled the alternator to get it checked, thought it might have a bad diode, but it checked ok. Battery is only two months old. Disconnected some bad trailer hitch wiring, disconnected under hood light switch, removed bulb for glove box, and visor lights are not on. Just stuck an old battery back in, thought there might be a bad cell. Waiting now to see if it drains. Question is, has anyone one seen a drain that may occur after sitting for a while? I've checked after waiting for a few hours and still 1.7mA.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i had a 2000 s-10 that would drain the battery overnight it wound up being the main fuse holder between the batt and the fuse block

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
I'd hook up the amp meter again and start pulling fuses. When the drain stops you found the circuit that's bad. Troubleshoot from there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have the same problem, ive checked it myself. then took it to a shop to have them check for a parasitic drain. nothing showed during the whole week they had the truck. ive replaced 5 yellow top optimas, alternator, checked grounds. im getting a dual battery setup with a solenoid to band aid the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.