Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to keep this short and sweet.

Accelerating through 1st and 2nd gears I notice once the rpm get to about 2400 the truck begins to shake. At first it was kinda random but now its just doing it all the time. Under light pedal pressure it seems to have a little vibration but once I start putting a load on it, it gets worse... I have not really dug into it besides shaking the drive shaft. But the U-joints seem to be fine so now I am starting to fear something far worse (like the big heavy thing in front of the drive shaft) a.k.a tranny?

anyone got some advice?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Could still be the rear d-shaft u-joints. Personally, I would start there-unless they are recently new.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could still be the rear d-shaft u-joints. Personally, I would start there-unless they are recently new.
Yeah thats what I am really hoping it is. Its starting to make a squeak noise too that's sounds familiar to a u-joint.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Aluminium d-shafts are junk also. Could be that, if it has one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
so not for nothing i have been having the same issue with my truck and i just found out that its the cv joints it wore out the spine shaft going into the front end it sucks bad i don't know what im going to do!!

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
yup !!! U-joints are cheap, in the grand scheme of things. IMO-should be changed every 2 years if using factory junk parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.