DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an 04.5 2500 ctd and finally got some free time this weekend so i got around to changing my oil and filter and fuel filter. i also took my muffler off. but ive noticed my mileage has dropped from around 15 to 11 around town. i havent been on the highway much with it so i dont have any numbers for that. does anyone have an idea what might have caused this? is there maybe something i did wrong?

·
Registered
25 Posts
did you fill it up with fresh diesel after the tune up? could have the winter blend fuel already.

·
rjm022
192 Posts
winter blend fuel- you will lose a good 2 mpg

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
You most likely also added the "Heavy Foot" mod unknowingly. Anytime we make the exhaust louder in these trucks we automatically start driving a little more aggressively so we can hear it. I bet you also found that you drive around with the window down more too....
Driving with a heavy foot, especially from a stop, will kill your mileage quickly....

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my foot did get a little heavier lately cause it just sounds too good, but i didnt know about that winter blend diesel so that probably has something to do with it too. thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I always laugh when someone adds a performance exhaust for milage, it always sounds so good you get into it more. You'll calm down in a few months.

·
Aaron Vecchio
140 Posts
frick, i get about 17 in mine, its a 04.5, you must be gettin on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.