DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Die Hard Dodge Fan
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am looking at a set of MT classic II's for my 03 1500 17x9 but I have no clue as to bolt pattern distance and the backspacing. What is backspacing in the first place? Does anyone know what the particular backspacing for this set up would be? I found a great deal on them on ebay but I don't have all the info for my truck. Can anybody help me?

·
Registered
117 Posts
The bolt pattern on your truck should be 5 on 5.5". Unless dodge changed bolt patterns on the 1500's in the last year or two.
As far as backspacing, just remember, the lower the number, the further out your rim/tires will stick out from your fender well. Hope that makes sense.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
you need a 5-7" backspacing for a 9" wheel to keep it close to stock

a 5" will stick the tire out of the fender about an inch

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should ask the guy selling them on ebay, he'll tell you the bolt pattern you need is 5x5.5 (same as on my 2003 hemi). Also, my stock 17x8" rims had 5.5" backspacing. I'm pretty sure the the Classic II's have 4.5" backspacing. Therefore, in theory, your new rims should stick out an additional 2 inches when compared to your stock 17x8" rims (1 inch less backspacing moves the wheel out, plus the wheel is 1" wider to begin with). But at least you can put on wider tires!

goldentrout_one

·
Registered
302 Posts
Weld makes several styles in 17 x 8, with 4.65" backspacing.

·
Die Hard Dodge Fan
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.