DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently running 20's and i am looking to upgrade to 22's maybe 24's in the rear. Does anybody know if backspacing changes from 20's 22's & 24's or does it remain the same. Anybody know the correct backspacing to allow 22's to tuck in the rear. Im gonna probaly ended up installing a ford rearend or shorten mine, but im looking for the best backspacing i can find to allow my wheels to tuck. Thanks

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
i didnt think u could get back spacing in chrome??? thats what i heard of course i could be wrong... But i wish i could of got em in my 20's cuz we had to roll out the rear fender so they would clear when i was dropped...and right after i got the back done i was on uneven ground and dropped it i crunched my right side fender :( opps

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i had to roll out my rear fenders too for my 20's. Chrome rims do have certain backspacing sizes avalabile, but with billet wheels theres a greater variety of backspacing sizes and u can even have them cut to ur preference. I prefer chrome over billet cuz they are cheaper and billet is alot harder to clean.

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
Yeah I will never have anything but chrome i had polished 18's before and they were always dirty....I have no back spacing on mine they said they couldnt back space chrome....BTW ur truck is lookin good any new pics? i would love to see em:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i dont have any new pics, its still in the shop. Hopefully by the end of this month i'll have it all back together and i'll take some pics.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
ram2nv said:
Thanks, i dont have any new pics, its still in the shop. Hopefully by the end of this month i'll have it all back together and i'll take some pics.
I've always admired your truck

What brand of 22's or 24's were you looking at ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RAMMAN. Im not really sure on what brand yet. Im looking into how much its gonna cost me to get the rear wheels to fit. Im thinkin of putting a ford rear end which is the same bolt pattern but shorter than the rams. Or just getting the axle shortened. I had PM'ed Chrome Dubz a while back to see what he had in a 22" 24" combo, but i never got a response back.

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
ram2nv said:
Thanks RAMMAN. Im not really sure on what brand yet. Im looking into how much its gonna cost me to get the rear wheels to fit. Im thinkin of putting a ford rear end which is the same bolt pattern but shorter than the rams. Or just getting the axle shortened. I had PM'ed Chrome Dubz a while back to see what he had in a 22" 24" combo, but i never got a response back.
hmm

let me see if I have his email address ....

here is his website

http://getdubz.zoovy.com/

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
RAM MAN said:
hmm

let me see if I have his email address ....

here is his website

http://getdubz.zoovy.com/
Ram2NV, my apologies if I never got back to ya. Backspacing is a huge issue when it comes to rims that aren't special builds (like Boyd's). I'm actually dealing with this right now for an F150 that's bagged. He needs 6" of backspacing, and most wheels just don't have that in a 22x9.5" wheel. I can say however, that for any 9.5" wheel, a a +19 offset will get you 6" bs, and a 10" wide wheel will require a minimum +15 offset for 6" bs. +20 will get you 6.25" bs on that same 10" wheel. Hope this helps! If you need more help, just email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats cool, thanks for the quick response. When you get a chance can you email me some rim styles in a 22" 24" combo. I was looking thru ur site last week but i couldnt find anything like that. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.