DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Call around till you find someone with a Snap On MT2500 or Genesis scanner. Dealers should be able to do it as well with a DRBIII though it seems most dont know what your talking about if you ask :crazy:

It's true lol, I work at a dealer and if you asked some of them they might not know what your talking about, although its really only something you would really know if youve had to deal with it,also its pretty rare that any dealer needs to do this.

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
are you getting the m1 or the edlebrock airgap ??
I already have the M1 so I will give that a try next. Right now with the way it is I cannot do a burnout. The engine will not push enough. I got the truck to do a burn out once. It took a while to get the revs up but once it hit 2500 rpm WOW it hit hard. I left a huge patch. I will have to go back and take pictures.

The only reason I can explain for the lack of low end power is the fact that I ended up reusing the old timing chain since I broke the new one. So the cam could be retarded a few degrees.

I have a new chain, I finally have the retainers. So I can install the new higher lift springs and 1.7 rr along with the M1.

I am sure a computer tune would help also...but when it comes to mailing stuff I am such a procrastinator. I already paid for a tune I just have to send the computer in.

Speaking of tuning which do you think I should send in the stock computer or the MP computer. I still need to pass emission so I am worried that the new tune will not pass and if it does not pass which would I have a better chance at passing with the MP or stock ?

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Retarded cam timing may scream in the upper rpms but will be a dog off the line.

I would get the stock pcm flashed and leave the MP PCM as is. Should be able to pass with the tuned pcm but if it wont, just swap back to the MP PCM shouldnt have a problem passing with it. Whats the cam specs?

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
212/218 @5 114 LSA I know the cam will pass...That's why I choose it :D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.