DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1995 b2500 van with a 3.9 in it. the problem I have is that it run great until it warms up to normal operating tempature then it stalls at an idle and if you give it to much gas when taking off it tries to stall like its not getting enough fuel. The check engins light is off, no codes.

The following have been replaced: spark plugs, iac sensor, cap & rotor, spark plug wires, O2 sensor, Cat converter, alternator.

I have also done a running fuel pressure test and it never fell below 40 psi.

I'm thinking it may be the coil.....

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
It may be a problem with the coolant temp. sensor. There two sensors...one for the gauge and one for the ECM. The sensor for the ECM reads the coolant temp. and sends a signal to the ECM which adjusts fuel mixture according to coolant temp.

Another thing it could be is the TPS. When it gets hot it could be failing and not allowing it to tell the ECM how far open the throttle is, so it starves for fuel.

Also the ignition coil could be breaking down when it gets hot, which would cause spuddering and stalling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, it was the coil, put a new one on for $30.00 and now she runs like a dream....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.