DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently purchased a 2000 B1500 and I'm having some issues with the interior lights.
1. The courtesy lights aren't working.. blown fuse..?
2. No lights come on (dome lights) when opening the doors.
3. The light near the back doors will not shut off.

All input welcome. Thanks! :)

·
Elder User
3,115 Posts
No, only the dash
When the switch is rotated to the left until it clicks the interior lights should come on. Rotating all the way to the right until it clicks will keep the interior lights from coming on even when the doors are opened. So since the interior light circuit runs through the dimmer switch it's possible that portion of the switch is broken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I recently purchased a 2000 B1500 and I'm having some issues with the interior lights.
1. The courtesy lights aren't working.. blown fuse..?
2. No lights come on (dome lights) when opening the doors.
3. The light near the back doors will not shut off.

All input welcome. Thanks! :)
Clean the electrical contacts for the door switches that control the lights coming on and going off when the doors open and close. Ensure none of them are stuck. Clean electrical contacts at the switch/knob on the dash. Make sure bulbs and connections to them are good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've run into this and it is a problem where the fuse links are/is normally in engine compartment---this is normally where the power begins------in addition where the harness goes thru the firewall ( the plug ) has problems due to the fact of water infiltration into the plug and causing corrosion------this USUALLY supplies the power to dome lights--the click you hear in light switch is "USUALLY" grounding the dome lights----most dome lights on Mopars are hot and the light switch grounds them to operate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts