DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

B100 and Dodge fuel lines ?

801 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Clunk 
#1 ·
I recently found a big rig gas stop near my house that stocks B20. I have since been using that. 20% less of my money going to terrorists, anyway.

I was wonder about B100. I looked over Cummins' website.
http://www.everytime.cummins.com/every/customer/faq_biodiesel.jsp

They said that "Natural rubber, nitrile and butyl rubber are particularly susceptible to degradation...The use of these materials and coatings must be avoided for fuel tanks and fuel lines.

Note: Contact your vehicle manufacturer to determine if any of the OEM-supplied components are at risk with biodiesel in order to prevent engine or vehicle damage."

Will my stock fuel delivery system be degraded using B100? Is there a upgrade kit I can install on my truck?

#2 ·
#3 ·
That was helpful.

Maybe I'm just being a worry wort.

Hopefully, $100 barrels of oil will make us get off our butts and start growing biodiesel producing crops. Forget tabacco, corn or canola is the real cash crop.

#4 ·
Well the greed is everywhere, soybeans have gone from $3.50/bu. a coupla years ago to $11 now. People who've invested millions in Biodiesel plants won't be able to make bio a cost effective alternative. Looks like even the farmers & middlemen are on the "gimme" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.