DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot for this... but long story short I bought a wrecked 2013 R/T challenger that I’m going to body swap with either a 1970 B body or E body most likely. I don’t have the donor yet, but looking for the right one to pop up. I plan to keep all drivetrain and suspension, and see how much of the interior I can keep. There will be a lot of trial and error with this project. I’ve pulled most of the interior, and will have to start cutting pieces up here soon.. I’m getting ready to pull the dash out, everything is disconnected but the steering column, which I’ll try to pull next time I can get in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I don't get the logic here! Put new body panels on a old E/B body. ??? That car looks like it could have been repaired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get the logic here! Put new body panels on a old E/B body. ??? That car looks like it could have been repaired.
Yes this car probably could have been repaired, but I’d much rather have the suspension and drivetrain of the challenger under an early 70s E or B body. It’s a project for sure.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
That's my whole point, Hard to compare the suspension/steering of today's cars to 45 years ago. Dropping in a stroked 440 is another story. What i would like to see is the classic front end and tail light assemblies from a 70-74 Challenger in the new body. Same with the windshield/A pillar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I have a car to accept all these “new” parts. The ‘13 body is just about ready to come off. I have to dismount the ac compressor and condensor because I don’t think I can remove that without a lot of hacking or blowing a bunch of Freon everywhere.. But everything else is about ready to drop. I’m going to try to drop everything at once: rear suspension, front suspension, trans, motor, all connected.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The body has been separated! It took a long time just disconnecting everything and shuffling the jack and the stands around to get the suspension safely to the ground. It’s definitely worth while to have several sets of jackstands on hand. Other than that, didn’t really have any major problems come up. Now just gotta figure out how to get the body out of my garage...

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's going to be a big undertaking. I'll be curious to see how much body fab it will take to get the body to sit right. Keep up the posts, it will be interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.