DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife has a 09 Journey front wheel drive. My one regret since buying it has been the fact that it isn't AWD. So my question is, how hard would it be to convert it to AWD? And what parts would I need? Thanks

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Not worth the effort. You would need to reflash the PCM, a transfer case, drive shaft, rear diff, axels. Just to name a few. Just get snow tires for the winter, if that is what you are worried about.

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snow tires don't quite cut it here. You need awd or 4wd to get around in the worst of winter. But after thinking about it, I think I'm going to hang on to my journey until summerish, when my ram is paid off and then trade the journey in on a new awd journey rt

·
Registered
115 Posts
a FWD SUV with snow tires doesn't cut it? try not driving like a complete idiot. :crazy:

we get by just fine up here in canada with 2WD trucks with no weight in the back and all season tires. let alone a front wheel drive with winters. don't drive like its the middle of summer and you'll be completely fine. DUH. :crazy:

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a FWD SUV with snow tires doesn't cut it? try not driving like a complete idiot. :crazy:

we get by just fine up here in canada with 2WD trucks with no weight in the back and all season tires. let alone a front wheel drive with winters. don't drive like its the middle of summer and you'll be completely fine. DUH. :crazy:
Well, one emoticon filled insulting rant deserves another, eh? Ok, here we go.......:(:duke::comtyp::pDT_sumo::5191Funnyface::spank2::wedgie::shoot:;/:pissmonke:greenchai:5191beatdeadhorse::eshooter::5191AR15firing::charger: ........... and you sir are a ****ing ****tard incable of ****ing rational thought you ****ing idiot retard shit faced ignorant ****ing **********. Weeeee that was fun. Ok now to the post; I don't have any problems getting around, my wife does. And guess what, it's her car, but you already knew that because you combined my first post with that black vehicle in my signature that strangely looks nothing like a Journey right? I wish the the answer was yes. The high winds here combined with snow make for conditions and drifts that give my wife problems because she isn't a very good driver. Awd would help make up for her lack of winter driving skills. I'm gone a lot and knowing she isn't getting stuck in drifts while I'm gone is a good thing. While fwd works in most situations awd is always better in deep snow.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
That was almost what I was going to respond when I read his post, but I decided you can defend yourself.

Nice Burn!

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was almost what I was going to respond when I read his post, but I decided you can defend yourself.

Nice Burn!
lol thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have a solution - sell yours and buy mine! ;) (see 'truck' classifieds... haha)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.